Chapter 29

The tranquility has blanked both of us. We haven't moved an inch, staying in each other's arms where we both belong. I unlock my eyelashes to find my favorite loving angel. His lashes are throwing small dark shadows above his cheeks. His full lips are almost closed and I hear his breathing entering and leaving; it has slowed. I feel my peace reaching him. His gleaming blonde hair tingles my forehead but I don't change my position.

"I love you," I whisper. His lips curve upwards in a smile that melts every edgy and sharp part of me. His lids open revealing his blue-sky eyes that I've grown to adore since the moment I first saw them.

"I love you," His smile turns to a grin as I pass my fingers through his messy strands.

"What?"

"Never in a thousand years, did I imagined the first time I went through it that I won't be alone in the end," My heart clenches as I think about my angel being young and alone battling his fights without any help. I just wish I was there for him.

"Not anymore," I peck at his lips and push the door open. The nightly air of California fills the car immediately as I step out. I grip his hand pulling him out of the car.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Just get out," Once he's standing outside the vehicle, I get in his seat grinning. His car is bigger than any other I have driven before. It reminds me of my father's but I always refused to drive it. I rest my fingers on the wheel feeling the control almost fear me but my enthusiasm wins.

"Like it?"

"Yeap, you should get in. I'm getting us out," I cheer and he frowns.

"You threw me out of my car just to drive it?" I nod grinning. "No way, you aren't driving it,"

"Yes, I am," I erase my smile raising my chin but my cheerfulness booms inside of me.

"Have you ever driven a car that big?"

"Maybe," I have driven my dad's once or two but he doesn't need to know that. He shoots his eyebrows up in question.

"You're stalling," I complain causing him to shake his head.

"If you crash it, don't bother talking to me again,"

"I promise I won't crash it. Maybe just a little in the side," I add connecting my two fingers to show the damage I will cause and he narrows his eyes. The humor of the situation sparkles across his eyes before he shuts the door and walks to the seat beside me.

I bring life to the engine and start driving. After a small distance, I can't wipe the smile off of my face.

"Now, it might be a good time to tell you that I have driven a car like this two times," His head flies towards me and I laugh at his dreadful eyes.

"If you weren't good at it, believe me, I would think a way to distract you and drive myself," He smirks and the usual reaction clenches the muscles in my abdomen.

I stop the car in a place where there's nothing but darkness. A frown troubles Corbyn's face once I hop out. He follows me, hesitantly, and the sound of his door closing travels around the woods and trees.

I set my hands on the car hood before I place my feet above the tire and move up the car ignoring his words of complaint. I sit on the roof of his car watching down at my confused and bewildered angel whose hair glitters under the full moon's light. The chilly breeze invigorates my skin refreshing my whole body.

"What are you doing?" His voice makes me look down. I pat my hand to the place next to me. "Why?"

"Just come in here,"