Chapter 56

My skin glides against his flaming one as my giggles penetrate our dimly dark bedroom. His lips leave their chaste yet loving mark on my neck, causing all my insides to melt. I run my fingers through his silky strands of blonde hair and reveal his face. His grin, as well as his darkening eyes, pierce through mine; my abdomen clenches in sweet anticipation.

He leans down just so his nose caresses mine. A giggle escapes through my lips as my bottom one is captured by my teeth. I push my palms against his feverish neck, and down to me, near to my lips till I crash them to his. He groans as if he wants more and grips my chin to keep me steady. When he breaks the kiss, our shallow and rapid breaths echo.

"Wait," His eyes flatter quickly.

"What?" I ask. He reaches over the nightstand and picks his phone up. The light of his screen causes me to blink and turn, instinctively, on the other side.

"Shit, we have to go,"

"What?" I repeat as my eyes find his. "Where are you going?" Before I wrap myself around him not to let him go, his skin leaves mine. The warmth under the white sheets escapes, trapping me in the coldness of the surrounding atmosphere.

"Not just me, we are," He gets out of the bed; the dim light of the streetlamp has slid through my window, allowing me to see him getting dressed.

"What?"

"We're are going out," He announces. I sit up, supporting my weight on my flat palms against the mattress. "Remember how I said we never had a dinner for a date?"

"Hmm,"

"We have a reservation. In thirty minutes," I stare at him, and a smile finds its way to my lips.

"You really did that?" I title my head to the side, noticing every little move of his. His muscles clench before he spins and his eyes meet mine.

"The fact that you're surprised, kind of ruins it,"

"No, no, it's not like that," I ramble. "I just never thought you would remember it and book a reservation, that fast." His eyes narrow as if he doesn't believe my words. I wrap myself with the sheet and walk to him.

He stands in front of my glassy and diaphanous window. The ambient light from his back provides light as a halo around his head. I circle his neck and lock them behind it.

"It's really sweet. Thank you," I whisper and offer him a small smile. His eyes seem to wander around the contours of my face as if he wishes to drink all of me in. He surges himself at me. I moan at the impact of his hammering lips on mine and before I know it, he raises me off the ground so that my thighs are wrapped around his torso.

He walks towards the bed, though, my toes touch the frozen surface of the ground a bit too early.

"The red dress, please," He mutters in my ear and walks right past me. He seems to have difficulty moving away from me. I attempt to swallow my laughter, but I don't succeed. His smirk makes me bite my lower lip. He shakes his head.

"Twenty minutes," He announces before shutting the door.

The fabric of my red dress ends too high for my usual standards, though, after I apply a little make-up and curl my hair at the ends, a wave of confidence blossoms in my heart. I spin in front of my mirror as a pride smile of enthusiasm graces my lips.

My heels echo against the marble stairs of our staircase in the front porch. The weather is chilly as the light wind blows my hair a little. Just when my eyes land on my angel, the oxygen gets knocked out of me, violently. His silhouette is leaned against his black jeep as the petite device of his phone is occupying his left hand. His black jeans contract with the white shirt but matches the black jacket; I grin. He wears the clothes I bought for him from Chicago too. I walk closer when he looks up from his phone.