Chapter 3

A sweet lullaby is sung outside my window while beams of light are sliding through my glassy window. A gentle movement in my back provides my body warmth as the slow stroke eases every tensed and jittery part of me. I massage my eyes before I unlock them. I peek up at my angel to find him staring at me. His twinkling hair and eyes are shinning causing me to blink.

He squeezes me in his embrace bringing me closer to him. A moan slits my mouth rewarding me with an angelic sound; his chuckle.

His lips caress my forehead in a velvety kiss before his fingers run through my hair.

After so many nights full of nightmares and insomnia, I can't let go of him. I wrap my arms around him falling back asleep. Although, I don't seem to have such luck.

"You won't go back to sleep, will you?" I make a soft sound without having the courage to utter any proper words.

"Come on, it's time to wake up," He coos stroking me and washing me with a sentiment of relief and relaxation. Seeing that I don't move, he moves to place me on the mattress and a wave of pure coldness expands in my skin. I moan in disappointment but he doesn't speak; I can't feel him on me.

I open my lids slowly to find him gazing at me as he lays on his side.

"Good morning," I mutter feeling shy all over again. I'm so intimated by the angel in front of me. His eyes are piercing into mine in a way that causes my heart to do a somersault. His eyelashes are throwing small delicate dark shadows against his sharp cheekbones.

"Good morning," He leans closing our small distance and kiss me. He pulls away but I don't let him bring him closer and kiss him back. His tongue slides through my parted lips and he comes closer laying on top of me.

My hands explore the skin of his back moving up and down; following the lines of his muscles on his arms. Their action under my touch clenches all my insides. I knot his hair hearing a couple of raspy moans yet he sits up rapidly leaving me.

I frown looking up at him at his sudden action.

"What happened?"

"Take things slowly, remember?" He asks catching his weak breath.

"We weren't doing anything," I say leaning up to meet his eyes.

"Not sure if we continued," His low and sensual tone creates a sweet sweat on my back. He cocks his head to the right while I attempt to think to say something about it; my head though is blank.

A phone vibrates on my nightstand and Corbyn moves to reach it. He rolls his eyes clenching his jaw tightly.

"Everything okay?" I wouldn't have said a thing not wanting to push him to share things with me he's not ready for but the way his mood switches disappearing the playfulness from his sapphire blue eyes doesn't allow me to let him be.

He falls back to bed huffing. His hands cover his face not permitting me to see his face or eyes to decipher the emotions he's experiencing. I climb on top of him resting my crossed arms on his chest.

"What is it?" I take his hands off his face and regard him.

"Just a text from my lawyer," He grunts. "I have to go to court in two days about the case,"

"Have you gone before?" His frown deepens as he inhales.

"Yea, I have. I need to know how things are going with my parents before I'm presented as a potential guardian for my sister. I must know what is going on," I nod. He catches a strand of my hair and pushes it back, behind my ear. Even though it's just a simplistic gesture; my stomach fills with moving butterflies that seemed to have been asleep all the time he was gone.