Monster's plight

MINE FOR A NIGHT- PART V

The story of revenge, betrayal and broken hearts started exactly 8 years ago. Arthit was in his second year of college while Kongpob was a junior in high school. Both were madly in love with each other. Their days were spent planning and talking about their unseen future together while nights passed in dreaming of each other.

...Unaware that their young love was up for an unending battle, after getting trapped in a world of lies, sorrows, deception and desolation with fate playing an ill game of win and lose against destiny....

As it is said that love and cough can't be hid for long, their young love soon became talk of the town. And why would not? Son of the largest conglomerate in relation with another guy of a mere vice president working for the same organisation....it was bound to make headlines, right. Kongpob being the son of Daniel Suthilak and Fiona, making him heir to not country's largest arm producing company but also grandson of former assembly head, didn't made things easy at all. It was inevitable...bound to happen. Ivan and Kongpob were half brothers sharing same father but different mother.

**********

Barely out of teenage, naive and unknown to the how vast and influencing status difference could be, Daniel had fallen in love with his maid's only daughter. Rebelling with his whole family, he made his own world with that girl and soon their small heaven filled with a baby's laugh. It was the second happiest day in Daniel's life. Days passed in a blur and it was Ivan's 5th birthday. Both mother and son were out to shop for the birthday boy but tragedy strucked and Ivan's mom became a victim of a robbery, getting shot in the mishap, while protecting her son and died on spot. Leaving poor kid with a trauma who was found all painted in blood with her mother's head in his lap.

Daniel was devatated and his misery were only increasing seeing his son fighting off the demons every night. Realising that his son need a family more than ever to get over the harrowing experience, lead him back to the people, he has abandoned once.

Suthilaks accepted him and the kid but on the condition of Daniel getting married to Fiona - only daughter of the current mayor of the city, who was engaged in an unrequited love with Daniel for years.

For the sake of his son's wellness, Daniel got married but it always remained more of a power alliance than the marriage itself. Fiona never got the love, care and affection she is justified to. Cause for Daniel, his heart had already stopped beating with death of his only love. Now it's only a machine inside his chest. A blood pumping organ so that he could live. There were no feelings, no emotions or place inside it for any one except his son, Ivan. Unfair and cruel life had turned once kind and warm hearted Denial into a cold heartless businessman, who was nothing more than a walking robot.

When Kongpob was born, everyone hoped for betterment of things between the duo but except the opposite happened. Their relation become more severe day by day and the only affected party was newborn baby who never got care of Fiona, neither the affection of a father. The barely days old kid never got the attention he rightfully deserved from any of his parents, with Daniel seeing Kongpob as his disloyalty to his first and only love while for Fiona, the child was a symbol of another of her failures in getting close to her husband. She carried Kongpob with only hope of getting the love she always desired from her life partner. So, when she witnessed all the more calloused behaviour of her husband, she lost her last hope and submerged herself in alcohol.