The end?

MINE FOR A NIGHT PART- VI

*************

"No!!!"

Kongpob screams, his hand wrapping against his swollen belly on instinct as he sees the bullet speeding towards him with a inhuman speed. He closes his eyes, praying to the one who is above in the sky to save the life breathing inside him anyhow...at any cost. He is willing to exchange his life if it means protecting his baby.....please...please save my baby...please...

Bang!

As soon as the plea left his mouth, he is being embraced against a hard body, shieding away from the bullet. He opens his eyes to see his saviour but then he is falling off the cliff. There is Arthit. His life. His love. His blessing. His doom. His everything. Kongpob's life has started and ended with this man who is standing before him, like a barrier between him and Nam's gun. A single drop clungs to thick eyelashes before sliding off his cheeks as the awareness surrounds him. He glances down and his heart stopped watching the thick dark liquid gushing out from the right side of Arthit's chest, where a hole has been made. 

"Arthit? Arthiiitt!!NOO!!!! NO NO NOOOO!!!!"

Nam's eyes runs out of their socket, seeing her brother, standing between the ban of her life and death like a barrier.  Her gaze travels to the punctured area of the white shirt, at the moment the red stain enlarging  each second. Her eyes slids back to that little slut going hysterical while standing inside the protective bounds made by her elder brother. And once again, her life long jeaulosy reared its head. Thoughts that her brother cares more for her enemy that he is sacrificing his own life without a bit of hesitation to save Kongpob, doesn't bode well with her..how could you do this Phi?? I really loved you brother...Angrily wiping off the few tears, she fixes the pair with a maddening stare filled with envy, betrayal, rage, pain and determination.

Bang!!

Drop of tears falls out of his eyes like a drizzling rain, turning the brown gaze blurry, nebulous even as the body embracing Kongpob jostles violently. Gushes of thick red blood cascades out of Arthit, like spring jetting out of a waterfall, staining the once procelain skin deep red. Horrified, the young man presses his both his palms over the teared skin, bullet puncturing the left pectoral, rupturing, breaking the top layer of flesh. Kongpob's whole universe is turning upside down in his arms. With blind vision and stregthless hands, he is trying to stop the flow of blood oozing out of his life non stop. His hands turning crimson instantly, painting it bloody death.

"Ar..Arthit!! Arthit!!", like he is capable of speaking the only one word, the pregnant person keeps on chanting the name. Fear, desperation, heartbreak, excruciating agony evident in that monosyllabe.

Feeling a weak touch over his cheek, Kongpob looks up in the hazel eyes, at the moment red and teary, swimming in pain. He wanted to wipe those tears, wishes to wipe away the suffering, grieving, the guilt, but before he could do that, he notices the barrel of gun still aimed towards them. Brown orbs widens in terror when he finally registers the sound. Sound of trigger. And his locked joints finally moves when he sees Nam firing again in their direction. Kongpob spins. Whirling the pair. Trying to be the protector for once. And then the bullet is piercing him somewhere. But he didn't even feel the pain. The numbness spreading around his frame is nothing in comparison to the mind numbing pain he is feeling watching the tormented expression on the beautiful face. The tears finally falling off the bay, sliding down the pale cheeks.

Bang!Bang!

Kongpob feels an overwhelming  tremor racing through his whole self. It might be shock cause even though his senses registered that he has been shot twice...or may be thrice, he is yet to feel the pain. Or it may be that his soul has already deatched itself from the body dripping out of blood.