Marriage proposal

"WHAT??? NO WAY!! I am not going to be someone's trophy husband. I am not going to marry whoever you have chosen for me", Jennifer rolls her eyes, casually sipping at her almost finished expensive red wine, not a bit bothered by his eldest son's tantrum. She already knew that Kongpob won't go down without a fight. That's why she came prepared.

Gulping the last remnants of the wine, she places the glass on the dining table and brings both her hands in front, resting over the dark shaded wooden table, interlacing her fingers, her eyes dropping close as she pretends to be thinking. Giving a thought to kongpob's words....His refusal...like it even matters now hah!!!..

"Till when you going to keep being unreasonable ??? Haahh???", the lady says in a tired voice before snapping open her dark eyes, anger filling them as she stands up, hands firmly planting on her hips and pinned her son with a look which is waring between rage and frustration," you are already 26...way too old to be a single omega and still dare to claim that you won't marry???? How much more time do you need??? Huhh??? I have given you more than 4 years to make up your mind, to grow up and act like a mature adult yet look at you still saying NO!!!!! How dare you defy your mother???? "

Kongpob looks here and there, roaming his hands in black curls in frustration. He don't have any comeback to these questions flunged at him. Because he don't have a single apt answer. Whatever his mother is saying is 100% true. He is beyond the normal age at which people in his family gets married. Most of his younger cousins are already in their marriage life by 1 or 2 years with a baby while some are expecting. He is the black sheep of the family.

"HEY!!! You spoiled brat!!!! You are getting married this time. Don't make me angry anymore"

"But Mom!!!! I have yet to make my career and be self depend-

"HAHAHA!!!!REALLYY???", Jennifer lets out a mocking laugh, straightening and crosses her arms against his white netted knee length white dress.

"CAREER??? SELF DEPENDENT??? HAH!!! Don't make me laugh. What career you are talking about??? You are a masters degree holder but what is your working experience??? Zero??? Oh NO!! Wait, you have worked as a fucking receptionist. Didn't you??? Don't you think comparing to 4 years, you should had more achievements ??? and may be in some higher position???"

Kongpob feels his eyes stinging as he fisted his hands at his sides, no more meeting eyes of his mother.

"Yaaaaa you punk!!! Don't make me lose my mind anymore

"Yaaaaa you punk!!! Don't make me lose my mind anymore.. Stop being so picky and pretentious. You are good but not that good that people would keep on waiting for you. Just get married, have children, be happy and let others happy too. Do you know how much embarrassing it becomes for me in family gatherings when all our relatives gushes out about their kids, son-in-laws and daughter-in-laws, their achievements. I can practically write a whole scripture with the way they make bridges of appreciations. When they asks what your son is doing, I have nothing to boast about"

Jennifer sighs seeing how her son has shranked in himself. She knows that her words are hurting Kongpob but she can't make herself feel sorry. It is high time for his son to get settle.

"What should I say??? That my son spends all his day typing over his stupid laptop, or filling job forms which never converts into actual ones??? That he distaste getting married?? That if left to him, he won't marry ever??? How shameful!!!!", Jennifer is beyond exasperated seeing the same pattern for last 4 years. In the beginning, she kind of understood her son's need to be on its own and she gave in. She didn't forced him to marry but now the water is over the bridge. The would be groom posses all qualities, a good husband should have. She can't let this golden son-in-law served to him in a platter go away just because her son is being stubborn.

"I won't -

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED AND THAT TOO BY END OF THIS YEAR. NO MORE ARGUMENTS OR DISCUSSIONS", Jennifer screams and turns to head out to cool off. She can't handle any more.

"You can't force me. I am an adult"

Jennifer stills, the clicking of her high heels shutting up and she whirled," come again??? What did you said??? Adult???? You sure aren't acting like one"

Kongpob lifts his tear glazed eyes to meet her mother to make her understand that he is not bluffing," if you would force me....you won't see me again"

"Hah! really??? You are stooping down to giving threats", Jennifer pokes inside of her cheeks as she sees the rebel and shakes her head," You wanna do that??? Go ahead, be my guest. Run as much you want, as much far as you can. Do whatever you want but once the date is fixed, you are getting married this year"

**********

"Why is he being a brat??? Why he always behaves like a stubborn fool whenever topic of his marriage arises??? He is giving me headache", Jennifer grumbles, applying moisturiser on her arms, staring at the mirror. Kongpob and she has not seen eye to eye for last 4 days. And it is not sitting well with the old lady. It is not like they are sort of those friends with your kid type mother but it's more like bickering one. Jennifer and Kongpob both are like polar opposites when it comes to their thinking, perception towards the society, behaviour, opinions. Consequences? They always comes to blows each time they debate over some topic. But they get over it real quick. Jennifer knows that she has said some cruel words the other day but it was all because she worries for Kongpob.

"Let him be. Atleast he is not bawling out his eyes like last time", Cheiya replies, tapping on her cheeks to glue the face mask.

"Yeah, you are right", Jennifer smiles at her life partner and goes back to putting on some cream over her face.

Both mothers know that their son in angry at them at the moment but they are not ready to give in this time. Their son need someone in his life who can understand him, care for him, love him, accept him, make him feel special like the way he is. They don't have a single clue why their son is hell bent on not getting married and despite their numerous efforts Kongpob is still not ready to get on with his life. He is stuck. They want their son to have someone on whom he can lean on in difficult times, can share his happiness when none of his mothers would be with him.

************

A unusual one.....I was so down writing this arc. The next few chapters would be of this arc. It is not anything fluffy, or lovey dovey, just me easing up my mind by giving words to my jumbled and adrift musings...... And i dunno about its ending...but fingers crossed🤞🤞

1st Dec. 2020