Mine for a night

" please save him. I'll do whatever you want me to do. Just save him please"

" Anything?"

The man kneeling on the cold floor gives a quick nod, wiping his tears. He flinches as lean and pale fingers takes hold of his chin, tilting his head up making their eyes clash and once again Kongpob finds himself drowning in the hazel pools. The eyes which were once shining in love for him are now mocking him, laughing at his helplessness.

"Be mine for a night"

********

" what did he said?? He would help my son, right? Right??? Why are you not saying anything???",  Chandwick shouts. He has left no patience. His son's life is at stake.

" He is ready to help but...", Kongpob could not make himself to complete the sentence. He looks away from his father-in-law.

" But what??"

"In return, he he wants wan-

" Give him whatever he wants. I don't care", Chadwick grabs his son-in-law with hair earning a pain laced yelp from young man. He forcibly makes Kongpob face his son lying on the hospital bed, connected to lots of machines and drips, fighting for his life," look at him. He is your husband who had given you immense love, had fulfilled all your demands and needs, always cherished you, protected you, complied with each vow with sincerity and honesty. Now it's your turn. Save him anyhow, cost be dammed. For once prove me wrong. Show me that you aren't a selfish gold digger I always assumed you. Show me that you truly deserves all the affection and care Jace bestowed on you all through your marriage life."

The old man frees Kongpob from his harsh grip, shoves the man to the wall and walks out of the room but not before uttering his order,"I want my son back. That's it." ....I can not trust this foolish son in law of mine. I need to do something on my own..

Kongpob slids against the wall dropping on the floor, tears falling from his eyes as his gaze slids to his husband of 5 years....what do I do??? How could I...No No I can't do it. I should ask for help to some body else...

" sorry Kongpob, but am afraid dad will help you any way. He is still angry at you for choosing Jace"

" Apologies Mr. Wayer but it is against our rule book"

" Sorry, Mr. Wayer!"

" sorry, we can't help you"

"Sorry but Wayer group has long lost its credibility. We can't grant your request"

Kongpob cuts off the call dropping on the ground on his knees. He has contacted each and every person, acquaintances, friends, relatives, business partners....even his own family. But everyone turned their back on him. His husband is hours away from dying. If he could not arranged the money soon, Jace would...No No No!!!. Nothing would happen to him. I won't let anything bad  happen to Jace....Determining, he picks up his cellphone from the ground and with shaking hands dialed the number, he has sweared off to never call.

" Hello?"

"I..I am ready t..to -

" At 8 p.m.",  and then the line cuts off.

The cellphone slips from where it is cradled against Kongpob's ear dropping on the hard and cold tiled floor. A shaky breath left the tanned man and one after other tears slips free of his eyes. He covers his face with both hands as the mansion echoes with his sobs.

********

Cool breeze flowing, night seems a little more dark with no stars and moon.

Two tall man standing in center of an open terrace beside a circular table covered in white tablecloth. Two bordeaux crystal glasses, a bottle of red wine with a ribbon draped across it, a heart shaped bowl filled with water over which rose petals in it, cylindrical shaped led candles placed beside it gives off an exotic and romantic aura. Multiple Strings of led lights tied from one point to other creating an illusion of wall between open sky and them. Large balls like lamp hanging from them, giving off golden hue swallowing the darkness of night. Not an inch of roof is left uncovered, red and white petals thrown all over it. A little away is a four poster bed with curtains hanging from it, covered with white upholstery. Ball shaped white lamp glowing on each poster, a blood red rose lying in mid of the bed.