I'm Sorry, My Love...

Warning! Includes: Suicide, Self-Hate, Pain, Love, Hate, Sad Feelings, Angry Feelings, Hurt, Crying, Blood, Knives, 9-1-1,

Backstory: It's a modern cannon AU. Katara and Aang have been dating for 5 years- and Aang is never home. With the struggle of being the Avatar, he has to fight to get even a single week with his soulmate. This triggers a lot of fighting- and when Aang accidentally hurts Katara in one of those fights (emotionally), he remembers a vow he made to her years ago.

3RD PERSON:

"Kat..." he whispered, watching her slowly back away. She gasped and walked backwards from her boyfriend, not wanting to see what would happen next. "You promised you'd never hurt me," she whispered lightly, her hand on the door handle.

Aang instantly froze. He had hurt her. Throughout the 5 years they've been together, he's told her endless times that he'd never hurt her in his lifetime. Endless times he'd told her that he'd be the one to protect her. And now, without realizing it, he had hurt his entire world.

She had already run out of the house. Aang grabbed a knife from the kitchen and ran after her; she had to know what he would do for her. He chased her down the street for endless minutes, trying to catch up with her with all his might.

There was a red light at a dead end that she drove herself into. Aang took the advantage and pinned her down to the floor, her hands above her head, with his left hand. With his right, he grabbed the knife in his pocket and held it in between both their chests.

"Please, Aang, don't," she stuttered in fear, thinking he would hurt her more than he already has. He shut his eyes tight and hung his head on her chest. "Please, I have a life... I have a family... friends... I- I- Please, Aang, please," she choked out.

The thought of Aang hurting her seemed unreal. She knew this wasn't real, there was no way this was real. This couldn't have happened. He would never hurt her, she knew it.

But him laying atop of her with a knife in his hand, steady between their hearts, it sent a wake-up call straight to hers. She, deep down, knew there was no way a boy, let alone a man, would ever be as nice to her as Aang was.

"I told you I would kill anyone and everyone who hurts you." She suddenly widened her eyes as she instantly knew what he was about to do. There isn't a way. He wouldn't, right?

"I'm sorry, my love." She gasped out loud as the knife she thought was about to go through her heart and take her life took her love's, pushing him down to the ground and gasping for a tiny thread of air.

"Aang! No! Please, no!" she gasped, holding onto him with all the strength in her body. "Why, Aang? Please, no!"

She pulled out a phone from his pocket, pulling up 9-1-1 on the screen. She made sure the knife was lodged into his chest to stop him from bleeding out, yet she knew it wasn't deep enough to cut through his heart.

The phone instantly turned to a woman saying, "9-1-1, what's your emergency?" as Katara held his ripping skin together with her bare hands.

"M-my b-boyfriend j-just committed. P-please help!" she gasped out, her eyes stained with tears as she threw the phone on speaker, using both her hands to hold Aang's chest together.

"Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to stay calm. Where are you right now?" She took a deep breath and let out a loud, heart-shattering, wail. "On the street; the corner of Mitosis. Please!" The commander on the other end of the line instantly sent out a few cars and ambulances, holding up another line with a doctor in one of them.

"Ok, ma'am, thank you. And how exactly did he lose himself?" Katara let out another wail as she lent over to lean her head on the bottom of the kife, careful not to put a single bit of pressure on it.

"He- he stabbed himself in the- the heart w-with a knife!" The commander nodded, telling the doctor exactly what she said. "Ok, darling, you're doing amazing. Just make sure not to remove the knife or else he could die from bleeding out. Does he have a pulse?"

Katara grabbed his wrist and his neck, sighing and crying at the same time when she felt the pulse beating. "Y-yes," she stuttered, holing his hand in hers. "Ok, sweetheart. How long was the knife before this happened?" Katara choked out another heart-shattering sob.

"I think, like, 8 inches?" she said, making sure not to sound too sure. She didn't know at all. "Ok, dear, and how big is it now?" She took her finger and measure it without touching it.

"5 inches," she stuttered out. The commander nodded and repeated the words to the doctor. "Ok, honey. Do you have any medical experience or anything? The ambulance should be there in 2 minutes at the most." Katara struggled to nod, but managed to do it.

"Yes, I'm a doctor," she stuttered. The commander nodded. "Ok, that's good. Do you have any fabric around you that's not cotton?" Katara nodded, instantly taking off her sweater. "Yeah, I have the material they use on leggings, whatever that is. Would it work?" The commander nodded lightly, knowing whomever this girl is clearly doesn't have the power to think straight right now and would do whatever it takes to help her.

"Yes, that's good. I need you to take the fabric and place some pressure on the outside of the knife, around it. Just don't touch the knife." Katara was about to do what she said, but heard a siren and looked up.

"They're here," she choked out. "Ok, sweetie. Please, take the phone. Do not end this call with me. If you have someone else, then end the call and call them. Tell them to meet you at Crystal Springs. But then call me right back; not 9-1-1, but the most recent thing you called, and I'll pick up."

Katara sighed and nodded as a few people came out of the ambulance, putting Aang on a stretcher and taking him inside. She bolted after him, ready for anything.

"Sokka? Sokka, please-"

"Sis, what's wrong? Take a deep breath, ok?" Katara nodded over the phone, watching a woman enter the ambulance with her as the doors closed.

"It's Aang. Meet me at Crystal Springs, ok?" Sokka nodded and started his car instantly as his sister hung up, calling her twin and her best friend at the same time.

"Sis," Katora said, her hand grabbing her own arm so her sister would feel it, "I told them. We're all in our cars and on our ways." Suki smiled and nodded, letting Katara sigh as the non-bender sped up the car on a green light.

"Thank you," she choked out. She smiled over the phone, assuring her sister that it was all going to be ok.

🤍✨🤍✨🤍✨🤍✨🤍✨🤍✨🤍✨🤍

That is the first time anyone has ever read my modern writing. How was it? So, if you don't know what a modern cannon AU is, it's pretty much just the cannon AU, but modern. Like our life, but with bending, and the series actually happened and everything. Thank you for reading, love you all!

Compliment: I love your hair!

(1300 words)
Much love xx -Ema