breaks

cw: crying, leaving, etc

(i actyally had this in my drafts since friday but i mean nows a good day to post it- iykyk)
(so aang and kat are long distance and his whole family loves her, thats literally it)

aang's pov-

"Hey, Aella, I needa tell you something," I sniffled, the 5-year-old walking towards me. She sat on my lap as I sniffled again, wiping my nose with my shirt. "Why're you crying, Aangy?" I laughed and sniffled again, turning towards her as I held her in my arms.

"You won't be able to see Katara for a few days, Ella." She widened her eyes in sadness, I could see she was so confused. "Why? That's not fair- I wanna be able to see Tara." I sniffled again and nodded, holding her little hands. "I know, I know. So do I. She said she wants to take a break from her phone."

"Then- then call her from your computer," she stuttered, "like you do with your school classes." I shook my head, "I can't, sweetheart. I wish I could, but I can't." She pouted as a few tears started to fall from her eyes. "C-can I at least say bye? Please?"

I nodded, pulling out my phone, shooting my girlfriend a quick text saying "Aella wants to say bye to you." After being left on read for a hot minute, she FaceTimed me and I quickly accepted it, placing the camera on Ella's face. I don't want her to know I was crying. I have to be fucking supportive for her.

"Hey, Ella," Katara whispered. Her face was red, her nose was stuffy, her hair was all over the place. She was crying. I fucking hate it when she cries. "I'm gonna miss you when you go," Ella whispered, sniffling. "I don't want you to go."

"I don't wanna go, either, but I'm gonna have to," she replied, sniffling and brushing her hair out of her face. Why does she have to be so damn beautiful all the damn time? It makes it harder to let her go.

"Give me a kissy, Ella," Katara said. Ella leaned over and presses her lips to the screen, giving Katara a kiss. I let out a sob, and I could see Katara freeze, a sniffle leaving her again. "I'll see you on Friday, Ella. Hand the phone to Aangy, okay? I love you."

"I love you too," Ella sniffled, walking away sadly. Katara sniffled and muttered, "let me see you." I pulled the phone up to my face so she could see everything- the red face, the tears everywhere, the stuffy nose, the messed up hair. I can't do this without her.

"I'll miss you, darling," she whispered, making me cry all over again. I was sobbing uncontrollably at the thought of her not being with me anymore.

"I'll miss you more, my love," I whispered once I could breathe. She was sobbing too, and I wanted nothing more than to hold her and tell her everything will be okay. I pressed my lips to the screen, and before I could remove them, she ended the call.

It's just a break.

It'll be okay.

<><><><><><><><>

kinda hate this but i wrote this while i wqs having a oanjc attack on friday so propa to me for no soelling or capitalization mistakes yk

anyways i hope youre all havung a fantastic day

much love xx -Ema