Death

warning ! contains: suicide, crying, tears, heartbreak, etc

(backstory: katara killed herself. yes ik this is sad but i'm having a shitty life so i did this.)

3RD PERSON:

Suki stared at the empty seat in front of her and a tear pricked at her eye. Her heart started twisting as she wrapped her arm around her waist, her stomach churning. She realized that tears were streaming down her cheek as she turned to Toph next to her, who was just blankly staring at the empty seat.

"She's really gone?" she slowly choked out. Suki nodded as Mai slowly sat down next to the empty seat, Tylee and Azula next to her. Everyone slowly sat down and looked straight at the chair, their faces wet as they felt their hearts shattering.

Tylee shut her eyes and shoved her face into Azula's shoulder. Azula slowly wrapped her hand around her back and rubbed it, gently pressing a kiss to her ruffled up hair. "I know." Tylee continued crying into her shoulder as Azula gently sobbed, her tears falling off her face and landing in her food.

"She can't be gone," Mai whispered. "She just can't." Toph looked at the empty seat and suddenly felt vulnerable. She felt empty. Raw. Naked. Like everyone could see what was inside her. She couldn't move though. She was frozen solid, staring at the empty seat on the bench in between Mai and Azula and Tylee. She could almost hear Katara's light laughter filling the loud cafeteria.

Sushi and Vittoria sat down next to Suki, slowly placing their trays down and sitting on the bench and not saying a word. Sushi held their sister's hand and slowly looked her in the eye, giving her a knowing look, tears in both pairs of eyes. Suki gave them a knowing look back.

Vittoria just sat there, stunned. She wanted to hear Katara's voice filling up the room, talking about some crazy story that happened to her and her brother, or some story about her and Aang; her laughter after someone else cracked a joke or told a funny story.

Everyone just wanted her back.

<>

"...and it is with great sorrow we bring to tell you that Katara L'eau has sadly passed away. Her boyfriend and family told us not to tell everyone why, so please don't press further questions in respect for the grieving. Counselors will be open all day with help for the grieving, if you need a moment, please go."

Aang's eyes watered as Sokka held him in a hug, collapsing into him. Sokka rubbed his back as Aang shook his head and started crying all over again, still wearing the sweater Katara was wearing when she died.

Suki and Toph started blankly at the gym wall, trying to figure out if this was a joke or not. Toph felt like Katara would come out at any moment and laugh at everyone for buying it- something to get back at Sokka for being sexist or some shit. Suki knew it wasn't a joke but she sure as hell wished it was.

Everyone was dying on the inside.

<>

"I have health next," Sokka whispered to Zuko. He bit his lip and rubbed Sokka's back. "Sh- she loved it. She always told me how she wanted to be a doctor one day. Sh- she said she wanted to help the people who can't save themselves, and she never wanted anyone to go through the pain she went though.

"I can't believe she's gone." Zuko shut his eyes and grabbed Sokka, shoving him into a hug. "I know, bro. I know." Sokka sobbed and sobbed into Zuko's shoulder, his body collapsing on him as dozens of teenagers saw him break down in the hallway.