I'm Sorry, My Love... (part 2)

Warning! Contains: swearing, oogies, love, kissing, pecks, etc

(wow... the way this took me 29 chapters to do- oops 😭 love yall)
(anyways remember this is a modern canon au<3)

AANG'S POV:

The lights flashing in my eyes, the siren blaring in my ears, the pain going through my heart, and all I could focus on was Katara's light voice ringing worry. "HE'S ALIVE!" I smiled, a laugh leaving my lips, as my hand squeezed hers. "Yes, I am."

She squealed, her arms wrapping around my body. "Aang, I'm so sorry... Please, never do that again..." I smiled, slowly bringing my arms up to her back, rubbing up and down slowly. "It's my fault, darling... that was a little extreme."

"Yeah, it was," Sokka scoffed, causing me to turn my head to the side. "Shut the fuck up," Suki said from besides him, "you literally got here 2 minutes ago because you thought he was at Crysta Springs, the senior centre." I smiled, giving him a small laugh as he rolled his eyes.

"Shut up. I thought an elderly fell on Aang and him being him with his fragile body, he broke 5 bones and can't get up, and Katara being Katara was too scared that she'll kill someone if she picked up the elderly off of him." Suki laughed, Katara frowning, pushing her head into my chest even more.

"I'm sorry, darling," I whispered, pressing a small kiss to her head. "I love you so much, I'll never do it again."

"Aang, I don't give one shit about you yelling at me," she muttered, her eyes meeting mine. "I give a shit about the fact that you tried killing yourself because of it." I smiled, biting the inside of my cheek. "I'm sorry," I whispered. She smiled, poking her cheek with her tongue, before slowly pressing her lips to mine.

I grinned, my hands trailing to the back of her head, slowly and passionately kissing her back. Once she broke off for air, I smiled as she looked me in the eyes. "I was so worried," her small voice came, her forehead pressing against mine.

"Okay, I gave you your moment, now break off," Sokka complained, his hand moving as if swatting a firefly. "Okay," I said, my hands up in mock surrender. "How long was I out for?" Katara winced, climbing under the covers of the hospital bed next to me. "6 hours," Suki replied.

"What the fuck-"

"Aang!"

I smiled, waving at the earthbender who walked through the door, a certain firebender next to her. "Hey, Toph, Azula." They both smiled, running over to me. Azula gave me a small hug and Toph high-fived me, causing me to laugh as Katara's hands tightened around my waist.

"Hey, the guy's like my brother," Azula defended herself, her hands up in surrender. "It's like if I said that about you and Zuko."

"Ew."

"Exactly," the firebender replied, smiling and waving as her brother burst through the doors. "Shit, thank Sozin you're okay. Katara was about to go full cat and scratch the living shit out of Sokka." I smiled as Katara groaned, throwing a small piece of the bedsheets at him before cuddling back up into me.

"Darling, come on," I whispered, my voice low. "Hey, man, sorry?"

"Yeah, sorry, you're always fucking killing yourself for this girl," Mai laughed, walking into the room. I smiled, waving at her, as she gave me a simple nod of the head. "Stop dying for her sake!" I smiled, turning down to Katara, who smiled lightly, waving her hand at Mai. Mai smiled lightly, waving back. "She's gonna go mentally insane the next time this happens."

"Hell yeah, she is," Tylee said, walking in. I smiled, giving her a high-five, as she laughed, going to stand against the wall. I smiled, noticing everyone around me. "Hey, we got you," Toph said, a small smile o her face. "You saved the world's ass when it was at war, we'll save yours."