I'm Home

Warning! Contains: hints of suicide, crying, love, kissing, missing, long distance, etc

(Okayyy- I am going to get the other version of the one shot up. Really soon. Right after I write this one:)
Another happy one for you guys even though I almost went to the er today. I'm feeling good:))

3RD PERSON:

Aang sat on his bed, blowing out air from his mouth onto the ceiling in boredom. He was ignoring the stinging feeling of the wind hitting the tears falling down his cheeks. He turned to his side and groaned as he looked at the knife ahead of him, shining in the faint moonlight peeking between his window curtains.

Suddenly his phone rang, and when he looked at it, his lips curled upwards into a wide smile and his heart started beating normally. He got up and answered the FaceTime call, a genuine smile on his face. Not like the ones he normally fakes. Because this girl... she always makes him smile like no one else.

"Hey!" He smiled back as he placed the phone up against his water bottle. "Hey!" Katara, on the other side of the phone, grinned and held her phone high up so he could see the top of her head. "Where are you, beautiful?"

She brought down the phone a little bit as she looked away, not wanting her boyfriend to see her blush. "I'm on my way back home from the gym." Aang furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at his clock. "Love, it's 3:00 am for me so that means it's midnight for you. Why in Spirits' name are you at the gym at midnight?"

She grinned, knowing damn well that it wasn't midnight for her anymore. She shrugged. "I was helping clean up there." He raised his eyebrow, and right when he was about to question her again, she shivered. "Are you- did you not bring a jacket?"

"I'm fine, love," she whispered. "Don't worry, I'm almost home." Aang frowned as he leaned backwards on his bed, holding his phone above his nose. He frowned. He wanted to hold her so badly- especially after such a horrible day. He wanted to cry into her shoulder and tell her all the reason why he was upset. He w anted her to comfort him, to tell him that everything was going to be okay and that she was never gonna leave.

"Why're you crying, love?" came the waterbender's soft voice from the other side of the screen. "I miss you so much." She frowned and stopped walking. "I miss you too, Aang. So fucking much. But you know I don't have the money to come to New York."

Aang sighed and looked at her eyes. Then he noticed a firework behind her and smiled a little bit as she jumped into the air, giving a little shriek as she did. Aang giggled as she muttered, "shut up." He smiled and rolled to his side. "Where are you?"

She looked back at him and smiled. "Just walking around." He smiled at her, "where?" She sighed and rolled her eyes as she turned on a street. "Why asking so many questions today?" He groaned, making her laugh. "I'm nooooot! I just wanna know where my beautiful girlfriend is, is that so wrong?"

She smiled and started to run. "Well," she started, "if you must know." She suddenly flipped her camera around and on the screen came a door. A front door. Aang raised his eyebrow and sat up, looking at the phone closely as Katara started to laugh.

His mouth dropped open and he was completely and utterly frozen in shock. Katara was laughing continuously as Aang just sat there, not able to form a single word. He stared at the screen, his body frozen, until he registered fully that the front door, in fact, belonged to his house.

Katara giggled as he all but scrambled out of his bed, nearly tripped over his bedsheets, slamming open his bedroom door and dashing down the front stairs. He bursted through the front door and his phone dropped from his hand as he just stood there, in complete shock, as he stared at his girlfriend like it was his first time ever seeing her again.

She laughed and ended the FaceTime call, leaning into his embrace. He ran outside and picked her up, spinning her around and around as tears pooled from his eyes. She was finally here.

"Aang," she whispered, "don't cry." He sobbed into her chest as she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into the concrete of his driveway and letting him cry into her. Neither of the two had realized it started to rain until it got into their eyes and they could barely see each other.

"You're really here?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper. She nodded and pecked his head as he sniffled into her shirt. "I'm really here, sweetheart. And I'm not leaving you, don't worry." He looked up at her and saw her eyes full of tears, letting the rain fall on the two of them. "I love you."

And with that, she smashed her lips onto his, finally happy again.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hi besties.

I'm really bored because I'm at my cousins house and they're just being mean rn so here's this.

I love you guys, and the other version of the last one will be up very soon I promise<3

Compliment: you're so beautiful wraf

(902 words)
Much love xx -Ema