Check

Warning! Contains: cute, crying, sad, happy, etc

(this happened to me a few "years" ago and thought i could put a cute twist to it<3
sydney stfu
BTW SEHAR AND KIWI FOR YOU TWO I GOT A 98% ON THIS QUIZ SHSHSH AND I HAD A B IN THIS CLASS AND EVERYONE ELSE FAILED SO I WAS SUPER HAPPY LMAO)

KATARA'S POV:

The second my pen left the paper, I jumped from my seat, my fingers grabbing the quiz and my feet running to the teacher's desk. I slammed it down in front of her, my whole body antsy to get out of here.

"Hey, Katara, calm down, I'm sure they wouldn't-"

Her words were falling on deaf ears as I sprinted to the Art room, my feet pounding into the tile floor and my hands pushing at my sides. My eyes watered as my ears picked up no noise besides my own ragged breathing, my heart pounding, and my feet drumming.

I slammed open the door to the Art room, my hands shaking and my eyes watering as I quickly moved my head around the room, realizing I was the only one in there.

"Fuck," I muttered, my hands pulling at my hair as I stormed around the room, looking for any type of note left there. "FUCK!" There was nothing. Nothing at all. They left without me.

Little backstory. The National Art Honour Society, NAHS, is a society for gifted and talented art students in schools across the United States, my school included. I'm a juniour at Elemental Arts, so I'm not legally allowed to be president of the society in my school (or any officer for that matter), but I was elected as first ever Juniour Officer for NAHS.

Anyways, NAHS decided to do a small fundraiser to help the children in the hospital across the street from Elemental Arts. Our fundraiser was a "Santa's Workshop" where we had a bunch of different crafts made and set up in the school gym, and kids from the Elemental Arts Elementary & Pre-Elementary would come to do some crafts while their parents were in parent teacher conferences.

The money would go to the hospital down the street and today we were going to give the check to the man coming from the hospital, Aang. He volunteers in the children center there and came to collect the check, and we were supposed to take our picture with him today, during lunch.

But we're also doing a lot of work for the school Christmas Pageant, for which I'm Production Manager & Set Design for. I had to miss a science quiz because we were rehearsing for the play, and my science teacher forced me to make it up today. During lunch. When we were supposed to take the picture. Even when we asked her to move it, she didn't let me.

So now here I am. Even though I'm not the president, the president knows that I put in more work in this fundraiser than she did, everyone does. She gives me ideas, I make them soar. And now I'm sitting here while they're taking the picture God knows where.

"They're in the main entrance," I heard a voice from above me. "Right outside it. Left me because I had to go to the nurse. Come on, Tara!" My eyes widened as I looked up at Teo, my feet quickly shuffling and leaving him behind.

I dashed through the school, and before I knew it, I was faced with a bunch of kids talking. "Katara! Oh thank God you're here," Sokka quickly said. I raised my eyebrow at him as he pushed me into the group of officers crowded around the boy with the check.

Aang.

"This is our first ever juniour officer, Katara, my sister," Sokka said, a proud smile on his face. I nodded and sniffed, wiping a tear from my eye. "Hey, Katara L'eau, nice to meet you. You must be Aang? Sorry for the inconvenience, I was making up a quiz."

He flashed me a cute smile as he shook my hand. "Yeah, I'm Aang. Nice to meet you, Katara!" He seems... really nice. And young. How old is this kid?