Princesses Don't Cry

Warning! Contains: Swearing, Kissing, Love, Hate, Cheating, Violence, Mention of Guns, Tiny bit of Sexual Assult, Controlling, Abuse Mention,

Backstory: Modern mafia AU, no bending. Zuko and Katara (I wanted to die writing this) have been dating for two years (omg *gag*). She was incredibly unhappy with this relationship, as he was abusive and controlling for her. But he would never let her leave. She met Aang a year and a half ago, and it's an understatement to say she had a crush on him since. But one day, when she saw her boyfriend kissing one of her girlfriends, everything comes crashing down.

3RD PERSON:

My body froze cold. Never in these 2 years of dating would I have ever thought Zuko would cheat on me. But I should've known. He's like that. He's exactly like that.

Like this one time: I was trying to go out with my girlfriends, Suki, Mai, Toph, Azula, Tylee, Yue, and Katora. But he got super overprotective because he thought I was going to make out with someone else.

I mean, sure, we were going to a bar, and, sure, I really and truly hated him, but I wouldn't cheat on him. If I wanted someone else, I would dump his ass and get with them, because that's what normal humans do.

So, anyway, he grabbed my hand and shoved me against a wall. I had gasped, still getting used to the idea of hating my boyfriend. He cupped my tits, his mouth in my ear, and whispered: "You're not going anywhere, princess."

I was so scared that I shoved him off of me and ran to my room. He was at my heels, and the second I locked the door, he started pounding on the white frame so hard I thought he would break it down.

I ran to the shoebox under my bed, opened it, and pulled out the white gun I had hidden inside a pair of heels to keep him from being suspicious. I grabbed the gun, threw on a jacket, an extra key bundle, and ran to the window. I opened it, and the second I was about to jump out, the door was kicked down.

I turned around with the gun in my hands, pointed directly at my boyfriend. He glared at me and slowly inched closer. The safety lock was on, but he didn't need to know that. "You wouldn't dare," he whispered. "I'll make your life a living hell." I gulped and jumped out the window, running to the car.

I turned on the car with a flick of my keys, dashing out of the house and speeding to the bar. Luckily, I didn't get pulled over by anyone except Azula. I rolled down my window and looked behind me, grateful to see that there was no one there.

"Did my asshole of a brother do something again?" she asked gently. I nodded, my body shaking as I parked the car and slowly turned it off. "Yeah, he almost fucking kidnapped me in the house," I muttered, getting out and locking the car. She rolled her eyes as she dragged me inside with the rest of the girls.

But now, here I am, regretting not cheating on him that night. I watched as he slowly pulled away from Jin, who was shoving him off of her. "You asshole! You fucking have a girlfriend who others are dying to get with, don't fucking cheat on her!"

I know this should've made me smile, but it didn't. Not even a little bit. I was just shaking in the street, like a deer in headlights, as Zuko turned around and saw me. Jin turned around as well, swore under her breath, pulled out her phone, and quickly dialled a number, frantically pulling her phone up to her ear.

Zuko smirked as he saw me, probably knowing there was no denying what I just saw. He walked closer to me and said out loud, so that the whole world could hear, "I never loved you, you know. It was all just an act."