Prom Gone Wrong Yet Right

Warning! Contains: Kissing, Blood, Fighting, Hate, Love, Crying, Cheating, Sad Feelings, LGBTQ+, etc, etc. 

Backstory: Modern AU, no bending. Jet and Katara (I'm so sorry) have been dating for 2 years. Sure, it wasn't a happy relationship, but it was something they could work with. Somewhat. So, Sophomore year of high school, Sokka forces Katara to go to prom. But when she needs to reapply her makeup in the bathroom, she discovers that Jet isn't who she believes he is.

3RD PERSON:

"Kat, you good 'n all? Where's Jet?" Sokka asked, placing his arm on his sister's waist. She smiled and tilted into his hug. "I don't know, actually. But thank you for forcing me to come this year. It's honestly nice."

Sokka smiled and pecked his sister's head, leaning his cheek on it afterwards. "Can I go to the bathroom?" she asked, squiggling out of his grasp. "I'll be right back." He nodded and let her out of his grip, watching her go to the gender-neutral bathroom, as the girls' room had one hell of a line.

She slowly opened the door and walked inside, flicking on the lights. She closed the door behind her and looked up, and a loud gasp for air is what left her mouth. "Jet?"

The young person beside him opened their eyes and gasped, instantly throwing a towel over their body. "Shit! Listen, it wasn't me. I don't know you, but it wasn't me!" Katara raised an eyebrow and looked at them, then Jet, then them, then Jet, then them again. "Who are you?"

They sighed and got off the counter, wincing at the pain in their legs. "Sushi. Jet jammed me in here and raped me. I hate it when men." Katara giggled lightly before acknowledging her boyfriend had slept with someone else. No, he raped someone else when he was with her.

"So he just threw a random girl in a bathroom and raped her when he has a girlfriend?" Sushi shook their head. "No, I'm non-binary. And since when does he have a girlfriend?"

Katara gasped. "I'm so sorry- I didn't know." They smiled at her and giggled lightly, shaking their head. "I've been his girlfriend for 2 years," Kat continued. Sushi sighed and rolled their eyes. "Of course. I'm so sorry about this, I don't even go here. Is there something we should do?"

Katara shook her head. "No, I don't think so." Then it kicked in. Her boyfriend was cheating on her. Holy shit. She collapsed to the floor and started shaking constantly; Sushi ran to her side and hugged her.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm sure he's an asshole, ok?" they whispered, running their hands up and down her back. Katara sniffled and nodded, shaking Sushi's body. They just held her close, comforting her with soft words.

"Is there anyone we can go to to help you stabilize?" Katara looked up at them, softly nodding. "Y-yeah, m-my best friend. Wh- why?" Sushi smiled and squeezed her hand. "It would help. He, her, or they?" Katara blushed lightly. "He." Sushi smirked at her.

"I'm assuming you have a crush on him?" Katara sighed and sniffed, shaking her head. "No, I'm in love with him. Jet wasn't the... best... boyfriend." Sushi smiled and nodded. "I can imagine that. Tell you what, how about we go to him and the two of you can talk for a while. I mean, he should love you, too. You're beautiful."

Katara smiled and nodded, stumbling up. Sushi helped her get to the front door, where they found Toph. "Sugar Queen, I don't even wanna know. Twinkletoes's outside." Katara smiled and managed to open the door without Sushi's help.

After she was alone, she started to feel shivers on her skin, rubbing her arms with her hands in the cool outside breeze. Her dress was a gorgeous light blue and white dress- one of a goddess, for sure. It trailed behind her for at least a foot, the lace washing the floor behind her. Her chestnut brown hair spilt over her bare, tanned shoulders, as the dress sleeves started an inch or two below her shoulders.