Happy Valentine's Day (2)

warning! contains: oogies, love, kissing, etc

(since yall asked- literally only kiwi 😭 love ya girl)

AANG'S POV:

"Stop try'na peek, Tara!"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry! How much longer 'til we get there?" I laughed, tightening my hands on her eyes as I led her into my room. "Oh, I dunno, maybe, like, two seconds?" Her head turned around to face me, and even with my hands over her eyes, I could see the confused look on her face.

"We're here," I laughed, pulling my hands off her eyes. It took her a moment, she had to blink a few times and rub her eyes, but it finally settled in to her that we were nowhere besides my room. "What's this?" I smiled, gesturing to the table ahead of her. A bunch of origami hearts were set out on the table, along with the origami flowers I made her. 

"You did this for me?" I nodded, reaching for her hand, squeezing it with mine. "I really... I really like you," I sighed, "and I want to prove to you that I won't hurt you. A-and someone took all the shit I deserved, so this is all improv, I swear, okay? You deserve the whole world and more, and I'll give it to you."

"Aang," she laughed, "calm down. This is... perfect, okay? This is absolutely incredible. I don't even know what to say. You did this all for me, and that's what matters. Y-you tried cooking! You hate cooking!" She was right, I made a plate of spaghetti sitting in the middle of the table, with a bunch of her favourite Water Tribe foods placed around it. Sokka helped, but not a lot. He is Sokka. 

"I hope it's good. I tried asking Sokka for help, so he went to text Gran-Gran for the recipes, and then got 'busy' scrolling through Tiktok for an hour while I improvised from online recipes." She smiled leaning in to give me a hug. "I know you only like Gran's cooking, so I hope these are similar." 

"I like you, so I assume I'll like your cooking." The blush on my pale skin wasn't going unnoticed by Katara, who pressed a small kiss to my cheeks. "I- uh- K- Katara, listen-"

"Calm down," she laughed, "it's just me. You've known me your whole life and this is the only time I've ever seen you so nervous." She stopped to think for a moment. "Well, besides when we went to the zoo. And on a rollercoaster! Your face was so red!" I smiled, "well I am about to ask you to be my girlfriend, so I kinda have the right to be nervous- oh holy shit, I just told you, I was gonna ask-" 

"Yes." 

"Yes?" 

"Yes," she laughed, leaning in for another hug, "yes, you goofball, of course I'll be your girlfriend." I smiled widely, watching her press her lips to mine for a quick kiss before pulling away and dragging me to the bed, cuddling up under the covers. "I love you, why wouldn't I say yes?"

"Oh- shit-" 

"No, it's okay, I- I love you too," I whispered. "I really, really do. I- I didn't think you'd ever say that. You're so out of my league, it's insane." She widened her eyes, smiling as she cuddled up into me. "I highly doubt that, but I mean, okay, Aang, whatever you say~"

I smiled, wrapping my arms around her waist and pressing a small kiss to her lips. "Okay, we're just gonna watch a movie, you wanna eat later?" She nodded, resting her head on my chest, "I'm tired." I smiled, reaching for the remote near me and pulling up her favourite movie. 

I love her so much. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

heyyyyy

nighty nighttt

(619 words) omfg im sorry its so short yikes

much love xx -Ema