15. {molting}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"you've trained hard!" johnny yelled at his students, "you've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. you've done your best. you're ready for this tournament, am i right?"

they were all stood in a dirty, automobile junkyard filled with cars while johnny looked down at them from the top of a minibus.

"yes, sensei!"

"wrong! your best ain't shit!" johnny threw a beer can at them.

they all stepped back, staring a the can.

"if you want to win the all-valley under 18 karate tournament, you gotta give me better than your best." johnny detailed, "which is why from now on, you're gonna get my worst. you understand?"

"yes, sensei!"

"are you losers?"

"no, sensei!"

"are you nerds?"

"no, sensei!"

"are you sure?"

"no, sensei!"

johnny slapped his hands over his eyes and sent them to train. they were stood in two lines in front of some tires.

"move those feet, go, go, go!" johnny yelled to encourage them.

"go!"

"come on."

on their second round, aisha had slipped over. making miguel, hawk and gioia tumble on top of each other, like dominoes.

"whoa!"

"oh my goodness." johnny groaned.

∙ ~εïз~ ∙

on their next tasks, they were all clutching bats in their hands and goggles on their faces.

"your enemies are all around you." johnny told them, "destroy them!"

gioia smiled while making her way over to the inside part of the junkyard. following her was miguel, hawk and a few other students.

the blonde moved over to a rusty car and slammed her bat onto the glass window.

"impressive." hawk grinned.