Chapter One

Ashara found herself standing in front of a shuttle that would take her to Anakin Skywalker's star destroyer, The Resolute. She was being sent with a message for both Anakin and Obi-wan Kenobi. She was also told that she would be bringing Anakin's new padawan along with her.

She heard running footstep's and saw a young red togruta running towards her. She faintly remember when she looked as young as this padawan did. She smiled at the young Jedi, and chuckled as the togruta skidded to a stop in front of her. "Is this the ship I'm supposed to be on?"

"Depends", Ashara smirked. "Are you supposed to be going to Anakin Skywalker?"

The young togruta nodded, and Ashara smiled at her. "Then yes, you're in the right place. Now, come on. We need to get going."

They both boarded the ship and sat as it took off. Ashara sat across from her young companion. "So tell me, young padawan. What is your name?"

"I'm Ahsoka Tano", she said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ahsoka", Ashara said. "My name is Ashara Ki."

Ahsoka smiled, before she moved up to the front of the shuttle. She noticed that they were already coming out of hyperspace, and started bouncing up and down excitedly.

"Careful, Ahsoka", Ashara chuckled. "I wouldn't want to overwhelm Anakin with your enthusiasm."

They boarded the Resolute, and were met by an admiral. Ashara recognized him as Admiral Yularen. She greeted him warmly, and he led them over to a different ship that would take them down to the planet's surface. It didn't take long to get there, and they were greeted by two tired general's of the Grand Army of the Republic.

She smiled at them, but they looked surprised. "A youngling?" Obi-wan asked, looking at Ahsoka. She chuckled, but didn't say anything about his response.

"Master Kenobi, it's good to see you", she said with a smile. "Same to you, Anakin."

They both greeted Ashara warmly, before they turned their attention to Ahsoka.

"And who are you supposed to be?" Anakin asked.

"I'm Ahsoka. Master Yoda sent me", she explained. Ashara cut in.

"He sent both of us to tell you that you need to get back to the Jedi Temple immediately", the older togruta stated.

"There's an emergency", Ahsoka added.

"Well, I don't know if you noticed", Anakin spoke harshly as he stepped forward. "but we're in a bit of an emergency right here."

"Yes, our communications have been a bit unreliable, but we've been calling for help", Obi-wan explained. Ashara hummed in thought, but didn't say anything.

"Master Yoda hadn't heard from you, so he sent us to deliver the message", Ahsoka said quietly, her voice full of concern. Ashara smiled, knowing that she had enough energy and spunk to keep up with Anakin, but also enough kindness to be good enough to look after the troops.

Anakin huffs. "Oh great, they don't even know we're trouble", he snaps as he turns away.

"Maybe you can relay a signal through the cruiser that just dropped me off", Ahsoka said, trying to be helpful. Ashara was proud of the young padawan for thinking of that. Anakin and Obi-wan shared a glance, impressed with how smart Ahsoka was turning out.

They managed to connect to the Jedi Temple and were greeted by Master Yoda. "Master Kenobi, glad Ahsoka found you, I am."

"Master Yoda, we are trapped here, and vastly outnumbered", Obi-wan informed the old Jedi. "We are in no position to go anywhere or do anything. Our support ships have all been destroyed."

"Send reinforcements to you, we will", Master Yoda said as he started to break up. The transmission crackled while Obi-wan called for the Jedi Master.

A trooper on the ship appeared on the holo-table. "We lost the transmission sir", he informed them as another trooper stumbled up.

"We have to leave immediately. More enemy ships have just arrived. We'll get back to you as soon as we can."

Ashara sighed as the transmission ended. This was going to be a long day, she could already tell.

"Well, I guess we'll have to hold out for a little bit longer", Anakin said as he glanced at Obi-wan. The older Jedi stroked his beard thoughtfully before he turned to Ahsoka.

"My apologies, young one", he said to her. "It's time for a proper introduction."

"I'm the new padawan learner. I'm Ahsoka Tano."

"I'm Obi-wan Kenobi, your new master", he said. Ashara chuckled as Ahsoka looked on in confusion.

"I'm at your service, Master Kenobi", she said. "But I'm afraid I've actually been assigned to Master Skywalker."

Ashara giggled as Anakin immediately started to protest. "No, no, no", he said. "There's got to be some mistake. He's the one who wanted the padawan." Ahsoka crossed her arms and glared at Anakin.

"No, Master Yoda was very specific", she nearly spat. "I'm assigned to Anakin Skywalker, and he's to supervise my Jedi training."

"But that doesn't make any sense", Anakin protested weakly. Ashara could understand his confusion but she was also highly amused.

"We'll have to sort this out later", Obi-wan said. "It won't be long before those droids figure out a way around our cannons."

"I'll check on Rex in the lookout post", Anakin muttered as he turned away.

"You'd better take her with you", Obi-wan said. Anakin sighed, but nodded his head for Ahsoka to follow him. Ashara chuckled before she turned to Obi-wan.

"I'm going to go with them, make sure Anakin doesn't try to maim the poor girl. She's quite energetic and will probably very easily get on his nerves."

Obi-wan chuckled, and Ashara ran after her old friend, and his new padawan. She managed to catch up to him, and smiled over at him.

"So, who's Rex?" she asked. Anakin glanced over at her, and smiled.

"He's the captain of the 501st battalion. He's also a good friend", Anakin explained. "I think you'll get along with him."

Ashara smiled, and continued to make friendly conversation as they walked to the lookout post.