Chapter Twenty-Eight

The Ghost jumped out of hyperspace, and Ashara stared at the ship that she recognized as a republic ship. She flew around front to see if she could get a look inside through the viewport, and let out a chuckle of shock at the sigh of Anakin and Obi-wan in the pilot and co-pilot's seats. She saw their surprise at her ship flying past them and she laughed. 

She sent out a request to communicate with them, and she was glad when communication was established.

"What are you guys doing here?" she asked immediately.

"We could ask you the same thing", Obi-wan said. "You just completely disappear off the radar, and then appear when we're investigated a 2000 year old distress signal."

"There was a distress signal?" Ashara asked, surprise written all over her face. "I just came here because the force was calling me here, rather urgently too. Had to cut a conversation short with an old friend."

"You'll have to tell us about it later", Anakin's voice crackled, their line of communication starting to fail. Ashara frowned, and tried boosting the signal, but nothing worked as his voice crackled out of existence. She caught a few words before it completely died though. "We- figure out- going on."

Once the communications finally failed, her ship completely powered down too. She immediately started trying to get her ship up and running, but nothing worked.

"Well, this sucks", Ashara muttered to herself as she checked what all was dead. "What in the- Life support is off too? Why does this happen to me and Anakin anytime we're near each other!"

Immediately after she said that, the ship powered back up on it's own, and she let out an annoyed huff of relief. She looked up, and her eyes widened at the sight of a diamond shaped ship. At least, she thought it was a ship, but it was none that she recognized. She started trying to open communications with Anakin again, but it refused to work. She gave up and started trying to move her ship away from the bigger ship, but it didn't work. Instead, her ship jerked forward, the power flickering. 

"Dank farrik! They must have got me in a tractor beam or something!"

As she got closer, it opened in half and a bright white light shone from between the two halves. It was so blinding, that she had to close her eyes. Her ship started shaking, and she gritted her teeth. She could sense something trying to put her to sleep, and she fought hard against it, but it was much more powerful than she was. 

~~~~~~

When she woke up, she was leaning against her ship's main console. She groaned and lifted herself up, her body aching. She looked outside her ship's window and noticed that she was surrounded by a fairly beautiful forest. She had no idea where she was. 

She immediately starting trying to get her ship to start up, but it refused, and she groaned in frustration. Ashara headed out of the cockpit and down to the cargo bay, where she opened the hatch out of the ship. She moved into the forest a little ways and studied her surroundings. There was no sign of Anakin's ship anywhere, not even where he crashed just as she did. She frowned, and instead chose to follow the force.

As soon as she focused on the force, however, she realized just how powerful this place was. It resonated all around her, almost like vibrations in the air. 

"Where am I...?" she murmured in awe as she looked around. She paused and just took in the power of it for a moment. After that, she started wandering around, trying to find anything that might help her in identifying where she was, or where Anakin, Obi-wan and Ahsoka might be.

As the day progressed, and she moved farther and farther from her ship, she noticed that the seasons changed with the time of day. When the sun got closer to the horizon, everything changed from a beautiful green to a withering brown and red. She frowned and started moving back to her ship. She could feel the force in the air changing from feeling welcoming and warm to being cold and bitter. 

However, when she got back to her ship, it had disappeared. She let out a frustrated shout and started heading toward the mountain nearby, hoping she could find a cave to take shelter in. As she walked, it started to rain, and she grumbled angrily to herself. She started running however, as lightning began to strike down directly towards her, as if it was trying to kill her on purpose.

"I just had to follow the force, didn't I? Why did I listen to it in the first place? I just... ugh!"

She made it to the mountain and very quickly found a cave that she used to take shelter from the storm in. It was lit up with crystals along the edge of the walls, and she followed them until she found a large circular room. She was shocked to see Obi-Wan and Ahsoka in the cave a fire sitting in between them.

"Obi-Wan! Ahsoka!" she cried out, gaining their attention.

"Ashara!" Ahsoka said, elated at seeing the older togruta safe. Ashara was glad to see they were safe too, though she was worried about where Anakin was.

"Where's Anakin?" she immediately asked, after hugging the younger togruta.

"We don't know", Obi-wan said. "We were separated. I hope he's found shelter from the storm."

"Me too", Ashara muttered. "He's such an idiot sometimes though, so he's likely trying to find his way somewhere specific while trying to dodge that lightning."

"That does sound like Anakin", Obi-wan agreed dryly. Ahsoka nodded, as she sat back down. Ashara sat close to her, so she could still see her. She could faintly see Obi-wan over the fire. It was quiet as they all got lost in thought, all of them worrying about Anakin. Ashara could feel herself drifting off to sleep, and she let it come, hoping that her mind will be taken away from all of this.