Chapter Fifty-Three

Ashara glared at Tarkin as he gave the report about what had happened to the Jedi Council. She could feel Anakin's anger as well, and she could feel the council's confusion as to why Ahsoka would do this, especially for those who were close with her.

"I do not believe that Ahsoka could have fallen so far", Master Plo Koon said. Ashara was glad that he was on the side of Ahsoka, but she could feel many in this room who were not on the side of Ahsoka. 

"The beliefs of the Jedi Council are irrelevant", Tarkin said. "We deal strictly in facts and evidence, and the evidence points to Padawan Tano being guilty of the attack on the temple and the murder of the Republic officers. This is sedition." 

The holographic forms of Tarkin, Commander Fox and another clone trooper disappeared, and Master Ki-Adi-Mundi spoke.

"Skywalker, was there no way to stop your padawan before she escaped?"

"No, Master Mundi", Anakin said as he walked into the center of the room. 

"The council believes that Ahsoka may be guilty of the crime, still believe they are wrong, do you hmm?" Yoda asked.

"I believe she didn't kill the clone troopers or the woman who used the nano-droids to blow up the temple", Anakin said confidently. Ashara wanted to step in and put in her piece, but she knew that it was not her place to speak as of yet. "That's why she's running. To prove her innocence."

"Now she's in the lower depths", Windu said. "With her skills, she will be hard to find."

"Two teams we will send", Master Yoda said. "Master Skywalker and Master Plo Koon, with clones you will go."

"I think it would be best if Skywalker would stay here", Windu argued. "Having you involved may actually make things worse."

"Master Windu", Anakin said, his voice dangerous. "With all due respect, she is my padawan."

"The reason for you not to go", Windu said.

"I think we're being foolish if we take Anakin off this mission", Obi-Wan said. "Who knows her better?"

"He's emotionally tied to her", Master Windu said matter-of-factly. "Probably too emotional to do what needs to be done."

Ashara stepped in. "With all due respect, Master Windu, Anakin is the one who tried convincing her to come back in the first place. The clones would have just stunned her and brought her back forcefully. I believe that if Anakin goes, he may be able to convince her to come back, and if she still refuses, the clones can stun her if necessary."

"A good point, Ki makes", Yoda stated. "You must prove to us that you will stay focused. Can you?"

"I've already alerted security on the lower levels to be on the lookout for Ahsoka", Anakin said. 

"Go swiftly then, Skywalker, and bring back this lost child before it is too late."

"Yes, master", Anakin said turning to leave with Plo Koon. Ashara bit her lip.

"Master Yoda", she called. "Permission to go with Skywalker?"

Master Yoda shook his head. "Still recovering from your capture, you are. Return to the medical wing, you must."

Ashara sighed, but nodded, leaving just after Anakin and Plo Koon. She walked behind them slowly, not wanting to go back to the medical bay and be all alone. But unfortunately she was ordered to rest. She did have to admit though, she was exhausted. Running around had depleted her energy stores, which was weird because she normally had really good stamina.

She found herself in the medical wing sooner than she thought where a nurse droid hurried her to bed, and did a quick check over to make sure that Ashara hadn't strained herself. She received a thorough chastisement from the medical droid, but she barely paid it any mind as she drifted off to sleep.