Chapter Fifty-Two

Ashara woke with a start, panting heavily. She looked around, and found herself in a familiar medical wing. Last thing she remembered was facing off with Grievous. What happened that caused her to be stuck in here. She looked down at her body, trying to see if there were any hints. She saw a few marks that seemed to be mostly healed, but she had no idea what they were from. She looked around again, and this time noticed a familiar clone with his head in his hands.

"Rex?" she asked hoarsely. She was only just realizing how dry her mouth and throat was. She could use some water. Rex's head shot up, and he stared at the togruta in amazement. He didn't hesitate to leap up, and start fussing over her.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to call the nurse? Are you uncomfortable, do you need another blanket?"

Ashara pressed a finger to his lips, and chuckled quietly. "I'm okay. I don't... I don't remember what happened", she admitted. "But maybe that is for the better. You look like you haven't gotten any sleep."

Rex sighed softly. "I was worried about you. You looked absolutely horrible, and every little movement hurt you. You couldn't even stand, Ash, you were in so much pain."

Ashara's eyes hardened as she tried to remember what happened. She caught brief flashes, but not enough to tell her what happened. 

"I really can't remember", she admitted. Rex sighed softly. 

"That's okay. Just as long as you're okay now." Ashara nodded. 

"I'm fine", she said. "Though I think the nurse droid would be able to tell better than I can. Maybe there's something going on that I can't see."

Rex nodded, and stood, his bones popping as he stretched. Ashara bit back an amused smile.

"How long were you in here?" she asked, failing to keep the amusement out of her smile. Rex shrugged, and she rolled her eyes. "Of course you don't know. Now go get the nurse droid, and then go find Anakin, Teriko, and Ahsoka and tell them I'm alright."

Rex froze. "Right... you don't know... Ahsoka is in prison."

"What?" Ashara exclaimed. "Why?!"

"The Jedi believe she is the one behind a bombing on the temple."

Ashara stared at him. "How long was I out?"

Rex hesitated to answer, and Ashara's stare turned to a glare. "Rex. How. Long. Was. I. Out?"

"Three weeks", he said softly. In Ashara's mind, she said screw it, and stood up. She wobbled for a bit, but once that went away, she breezed past Rex. 

"I'm going to see her", she said sharply. "And if anyone stops me, they're going to wish they had never met me."

Rex was quiet as he watched as she walked out of her room, and into the main area. A nurse droid was outside, and it had a surprised look on it's face.

"Master Ki, you must rest", it said. Ashara ignored it, and stormed out of the medical wing. He started to understand why Anakin told him it would be best not to tell that to her upon waking up. Now he worried she was going to get in trouble just for trying to help her friend...

Ashara continued on her path, earning surprised looks from the Jedi she passed. Teriko happened to be one of them.

"Master! You're awake!" he exclaimed excitedly. "But shouldn't you be in the medical wing?"

Ashara ignored him, and continued on her path. She found a speeder, and took it to detention center where she knew Ahsoka would be. She stormed up to the entrance, only to be taken by surprise when an alarm begins to go off. Anakin and Rex show up not too far behind her.