Chapter Fifty-Five

Months had passed since Ahsoka left the order. It was certainly different. Anakin was more ruthless. Rex seemed more closed off to everyone except for Ashara. The entire crew's demeanor had changed without the young Jedi on board. Even Ashara was a little calmer. And Teriko... Poor Teriko was even quieter than before. He seemed to be more strict in following the rules, and he was taking after Anakin in that he was becoming more ruthless. It scared Ashara, and she tried to keep him on a more sane level, but it was hard, when they were constantly with Anakin.

They barely had any time to rest, constantly being sent on mission after mission. It was wearing Ashara down, as well as the troops. Currently they were on Ringo Vinda, a spacestation encircling an entire planet.

Blaster fire shot past Ashara from both directions, one side friendly, one side not. A few stray shots almost hit her, but she blocked them expertly with her lightsaber. She could sense Anakin and Teriko doing the same on either side of her They managed to creep forward through the hallways into a more open room, where there were fewer droids that they were easily able to take out.

Master Tiplee, twin sister of Jedi Master Tiplar spoke. "Master Skywalker, we must get to the command post. Admiral Trench has sent for reinforcements. We must take this post before they arrive."

Ashara stood behind Tiplee and Anakin as they knelt beside a hologram that Rex had set up. Anakin pointed at a spot on the map.

"It's time for Phase Two. We're at this position", Anakin said. There were three passageways leading to the next open room. Anakin pointed at the passage farthest from him. "Tiplar and Ashara, you'll take your men down this passageway. Tiplee, you'll move along here. They'll have to divide their forces to conquer us, and when they do, Rex, Teriko and I will press through the middle. If we time it right, we'll all converge on this spot at the same time and the droids won't know what hit em."

"If we're making a run, we'll need backup. My men are severely depleted", one of the clone commanders said. Anakin nodded, and turned to two of Ashara's favorite clone troopers, just after Rex.

"Fives, you and Tup take ten of your best men and support Master Tiplar", he said.

"We're on it, sir!"

Ashara moved away, but Teriko didn't follow her. She paused before sighing softly. 

"Good luck out there, Teriko", she said softly. He just scoffed, and trod toward Anakin. She frowned, but didn't say anything, instead moving to stand next to Tiplar.

"Follow me", Tiplar said, raising the hilt of her lightsaber in the air. Ashara pulled hers out as well, and the two Jedi ran down the hallway side by side. They were quickly met with droids, and without hesitation, Ashara leaped away of the pack, dancing her way through the droids. Of course, several got through, but she took down a lot. When Tiplar caught up to the togruta, she yelled out over the battle

"Master Ki! You need to stay with the troops!"

Ashara glanced back at the other Jedi, who had an exasperated look on her face. "You have your style, Master Tiplar, I have mine."

She continued to do what she does, before pausing just out of the droids reach at the next doorway. Master Tiplar and the troops caught up to her, and together they ran out into the room at the same time as the other two groups. They pushed back the droids to the crates, but there was a spider droid. Both Ashara and Tiplar leaped onto it, and shoved their lightsabers into it's central wiring, rendering it useless. The duo leapt off the spider, cutting down droids. Ashara felt someone approach her from behind, someone with malicious intent. She turned to look and found herself staring down the barrel of a blaster. She looked up, and saw Tup staring at her with a strange look in his eyes. She realized a moment too late what he was planning to do.