Chapter Sixty-Five

Anakin and Ashara walked up to Obi-Wan who was hiding behind a piece of debris with Cody and Teriko. Obi-wan grumbled as he looked over the debris. "Anakin, where are you?"

Ashara snorted, realizing that Obi-Wan hadn't seen them. "I'm right here", Anakin replied, narrowly dodging blaster fire by simply moving his head. "What are you doing down there?"

"We are taking cover. Now get down", Obi-Wan ordered. Ashara just shook her head, smiling.

"Nah, we're fine", she said, while Anakin snickered.

"You're not serious", her brother said. "There's only a thousand droids down there, tops."

Obi-Wan scoffed. "What are you up to? Where's Captain Rex?"

Anakin walked forward, and stood on top of the debris, looking out across the battlefield. Ashara stayed where she was, amused at Obi-Wan's perplexed face. Teriko's face was simply cold, and Ashara swore his eyes looked to be a little more yellow than the last time she saw him.

"We already finished our battle, so we decided to come help you with yours", Anakin said calmly.

"You're overdoing it. Again", Obi-Wan snapped. He sounded slightly angry, and Anakin obviously heard that in his voice, as he turned and knelt down so he could more easily talk to his old master.

"Master, I mean no disrespect", he snarked. "If you want, I can hide here with you, and we can let the people in the city suffer longer."

"Now Anakin, you know I-" Anakin cut off his old master, not allowing him to finish his sentence.

"Or we can do things my way and help them now."

Ashara spoke up. "Anakin, just go. I'll explain the plan to Obi-Wan."

Anakin nodded, and turned around, walking forward, avoiding all the blaster fire sent his way. She rolled his eyes.

"He's such a showoff", she said, still standing.

"And you're not?" Cody joked. She shrugged, and dodged a blaster shot that almost hit her shoulder.

"We grew up together, can you blame me? But anyway, he's gonna draw out the tactical droid."

"By getting himself killed?" Obi-Wan asked. Ashara shrugged.

"If he gets killed, it's my turn to go pretend to surrender. We've got multiple iterations of this plan, don't worry."

"Okay, but if Anakin is out there, and you're here, where is the 501st?" 

"They're hanging out here somewhere", Ashara smirked, knowing exactly where her battalion was. "They'll show up when either Anakin or I give the signal."

Ashara looked up at Anakin and saw the tactical droid flying towIard. 

"Just watch and enjoy the show, Obi-Wan", she joked as the 501st came and flew out from underneath bridge the 212th was currently standing on.

"General?" Cody asked hesitantly.

"Yes, Cody, you may join the fun as well."

At that moment, the 212th surged forward, running past Anakin and joining the fight. Ashara, Teriko, and Obi-Wan walked up to Anakin, with the togruta laughing.

"You should have seen Obi-Wan's face, Ani", she laughed. "It was hilarious."

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. "Yes, I'm sure my face was quite amusing. But bravo, you two. You did it again."

"Oh, we can't take all the credit", Anakin smirked. "Your state of helplessness really sold the surrender talk."

"Always glad to help, my friend", Obi-Wan said, likely rolling his eyes. Anakin's comm-link beeped, and he answered it.