Chapter Sixty-One

"So, how many missions has your team been on, Sergeant?" Anakin asked Hunter. They had just jumped out of hyperspace, and Ashara knew that they were approaching Skako Minor.

"Honestly, sir, I've lost count", Hunter said as he looked up from the computer he was looking at. "All the action sort of blurs together."

"I know you work with Cody sometimes, but who do you report to?" Rex asked.

"Hmm", Hunter said as he turned around to face the captain. "Good question. Can't say I've got an answer."

The ship rumbled, and Tech called out from the pilot's seat. "We are approaching Skako Minor. It looks to be a difficult landing."

Ashara found herself strapping herself in next to Rex, bracing herself for the landing. Wrecker ran past all of them to the copilot's seat, to help out Tech. The ship rattled and shook as they entered the atmosphere, and Ashara swear her brains felt like they were going to turn to mush.

They managed to land safely, but the togruta could sense something out there that didn't seem entirely friendly. She stood up, wobbling slightly, but she managed to maintain her balance. She moved toward the cockpit to see a dust storm swirling around them, making it impossible to see. 

"Rex, what do we know about this place?" Anakin asked the captain, who responded quickly. Ashara kept her gaze outside, hoping that whatever was out there would make itself known.

"On this part of Skako, there's a race of locals, the Poletecs. All we know is they're very primitive", Rex stated. 

"Primitive is being kind", Tech added. "My intel says the Poletecs worship flying reptiles."

As soon as he said that, something landed on the ship, gaining all of their attention. Ashara's eyes widened, but she made eye contact with the local riding on the back of the reptile.

"What was that thing?" Wrecker shouted. 

"It's one of those reptiles", Tech responded. 

"I want that thing off my ship!" Hunter yelled as the reptile slammed against the top of the the ship. Ashara turned and hurried with the others outside, but didn't pull out her lightsaber. Wrecker yelled at the Poletec, but Anakin shut him down quickly, with Rex backing him. Ashara made eye contact with the local, and she knew instantly what was going to happen.

"Everyone get down!" she yelled. They all listened, managing to dodge the two reptile riding Poletecs that came up from behind. The first one flew forward, and grabbed hold of Ashara, 

She almost screamed as they took off into the air, but she managed to hold it in. The reptile held on tight to her, and she chose not to struggle, not wanting to fall to her death, even if she could use the force to stop her descent.

Something wrapped around the lizards other leg, and she watched as Hunter came flying behind the lizard, shooting at the Poletec riding it. She shouted at the clone to stop, because if he did that they would both be dead, but her voice got lost in the wind. Thankfully, so did Hunter's blaster.

Shortly after, Ashara was held against the ground by the reptile. She knew it was pointless to struggle, and she found herself looking at the face of the Poletec that had taken her hostage. He spoke in someone unknown language to her, and she sighed.

"I think we're going to have a hard time understanding each other", she muttered. Fortunately, shortly after, something was shot into the reptile's leg, causing it to fly off of her. Unfortunately, there was a huge rock coming towards her, ready to squish her. She quickly rolled out of the way, and got to her feet.

The Poletecs were quick to surrender, and soon, thanks to Tech, they were able to speak with the locals. Ashara made her way over to Anakin's side, who looked her over to make sure she was okay.