Chapter Fourteen

Ashara groaned as she sat up. She was stronger than before, but she was still in pain. She closed her eyes, trying to ignore the pain.

"General", Rex said as he placed a hand on her shoulder and tried to get her lay down. "You need to maintain your rest."

Ashara shook her head, sensing the creatures from before nearby. They were getting closer.

"I can't rest", she grimaced as she pushed his hand away. "Those creatures are coming back, and there's more of them. We must fight."

Rex helped her stand, while also preparing his blaster for battle. She winced as her stomach jolted with pain. She trembled as she stood, but she was able to stand without help now. Rex pulled his arm away from her as one of the creatures came. She grabbed one of her lightsabers, and ignited it, ready to fight even though she was in pain. She willed the force to give her strength, but it did no good. She was too weak to even attempt to use the force.

The creatures charged toward them, but Rex managed to shoot and kill one of them. The other one kept running, intending to bowl them over. Instinct kicked in, and Ashara turned her lightsaber off, and pushed Rex out of the way, causing only her to get trampled by the creature. She cried out in pain as she lay in the dirt, unable to get up again. She heard the sound of two lightsabers igniting, and looked around to see Anakin and Ahsoka. She sent them a pained smile before she noticed a strange lemur like creature wrapping a rope around the bigger creature. It started tugging on the rope, intending to pull the creature over, but it was too weak.

Ahsoka, Rex and Anakin joined in on pulling the rope, and manage to get the creature on it's back. The lemur like creature jumped up and wrapped the rope around the creatures feet so it couldn't move. Ashara tried to stand, but when she tried to, her vision started to swim, and she fell back to the ground. 

She heard her name be called by Anakin, and soon her friend appeared in her line of sight. "Hey, Anakin", she managed to say before she started coughing. As she coughed, she felt something clot up in her throat, and she managed to sit up long enough to spit it out. As she felt back against the ground, she groaned, and closed her eyes.

"This is Wag Too", Anakin introduced her to the lemur-like creature.

"He's a healer", Ahsoka added. "He can make you well again."

"Don't you worry", Wag Too spoke. "I can fix you right up."

"I wish we could meet under better circumstances", she said softly as she opened her eyes briefly. "But I suppose this will have to do."

The lemur-like creature gave her a small smile, and she returned it, though it was accompanied by a wince. She closed her eyes, and let the darkness overtake her once more.

~~~~~~

When she woke again, she found herself staring into the faces of many lemur-like creatures. She looked around for a familiar face, and found none. "Um... Anakin?" she called out, confused as to what happened to her companions.

She could hear Anakin chuckling and the lemur creatures scattered away. She could finally see her friend, and she glared at his amused face. She sighed he approached her.

"Come on", he said. "You need to get up and get into the healer's pod house thing."

Ashara winced, and started sitting up with the help of her closest friend. Ahsoka came to her other side and helped support her as she stood. She limped slowly toward the pod her companions guided her too, and she was all too grateful to get inside, and lay back down. Her version of laying down was more like falling, as she was getting too weak to keep supporting herself, even with Anakin and Ahsoka's help.

Wag Too approached with a cloth, and reached up to get something from the pod. "The oil from the pod will aid in the healing process", he explained as he smeared the oil onto the cloth. Ashara closed her eyes as the lemur creature placed said cloth over her face. She nearly started coughing from the pungent smell, but managed to refrain. She wondered how long she would need this cloth on her face.

She felt another cloth be placed across her stomach, as Wag Too continued speaking. "Don't worry. You'll be well in no time."

Ashara drifted off once more, letting her body get the rest that it needed to help heal.