Chapter Thirty-Nine

Ashara froze when she heard Obi-Wan's name be called out at the slave auction. His part of the plan must have gone awry. She winced, but continued playing her part. She just hoped that Rex was okay and not in any danger

"My friends, my good friends", the queen called out. "Do not fear the Jedi. They are no different from others we have forced into submission, for they have forsaken their ideals to serve a corrupt Senate."

Ashara found herself growing angry with the queen, but she quelled those feelings. The queen continued speaking.

"Every Jedi has become a slave to the Republic. The Jedi Order is weak, and we will help break it."

The queen turned to Anakin, and held out the handle of an energy whip. "Teach the Jedi his lesson."

Ashara's eyes widened as Anakin accepted it. She stared at him, but he didn't glance her way, but a thought forced it's way into her head.

'Trust me, I got a plan. I think.'

'That's reassuring', Ashara sent back. She could feel his amusement as he walked away to the arena. The togruta walked a bit closer to the railing so she could see what was happening, she smirked when she realized that Anakin had attacked the guards and not Obi-Wan. 

She took out the Zygerrian that was behind her, and R2 returned her lighstaber. She smirked and ignited it. She wasn't happy that dress made it harder for her to fight, but she managed. She pointed her lightsaber at the queen, but the queen pressed a button next to her throne. 

Ashara screamed as the collar around her neck activated, shocking her. She had forgotten that on the way to the slave auction, Anakin had gifted her to the queen, and she was now technically a slave once more. 

Blackness covered her vision, and she passed out.

~~~~~~

Ashara frowned as she woke up in a cage hanging from the top of the building. A bird was squawking at her and she was tempted to send it flying away from her using the force. Instead she meditated, trying to see if she could find her way to Rex's mind so she could talk with him, and figure out a plan.

Unfortunately, a familiar voice spoke, and she was frightened out of her meditative stance. 

"The queen has said that once the other Jedi is tamed, you will be mine, little skug."

Ashara was quiet, trying not to let him see her fear. She thought he was dead. Or well, she hoped. She briefly glanced up at him, and the Zygerrian that haunted her nightmares when she was younger stood there.

"Wait, I know you", he said. "You were that little brat I took from Kiros all those years back, aren't you?"

Ashara looked away, not wanting to answer. He started to laugh.

"I can't believe that the little girl I whisked away from her parents was powerful in the force. I would have gotten a lot more credits for you if I had known."

Ashara growled quietly, and with the flick of a hand, sent him over the rails. He didn't fall as she intended him to, but instead he caught onto the edge of the building and managed to climb back up. He scoffed, and the next thing Ashara knew was that she was in pain as electricty coursed through her veins. The pain ended, only for it to start back up a couple minutes later. She gasped for air, and the zygerrian eventually left her alone.

She returned to her meditation to try to search for Rex's presence, but he was gone. He was nowhere on the planet that she could sense, and it made her strong mind shatter just a little bit more. She needed that connection, she needed someone to be able to help keep her grounded. 

In that moment, she remembered that Teriko and Ahsoka were still on the ship, and she reached out with the force to her padawan.

'Master Ki!' Teriko's thoughts appeared in her mind. She smiled, but it disappeared quickly.

'Teriko, the plan has gone south. Rex and Obi-Wan are gone somewhere unknown, and Anakin is stuck in the presence of the queen. I'm currently stuck in a cage on the north end of the palace. We need to come up with a rescue plan, stat.'

There was silence for a while, and she wondered if her padawan got scared. But he didn't, and soon replied.

'Ahsoka and I have an idea.' He proceeded to explain the plan to her, and she hummed quietly to herself. 

'It could work. Let me reach out to Anakin, see if he agrees with it.'

She cut off the connection to Teriko, and reached out toward Anakin. His mind was heavily shielded though, and she sighed. She sent many waves of thought at the mind, trying to find the weak point, before she finally gave up on the truth, before mentally shouting at his mind, 'Ahsoka is in danger!'

The shields on his mind were instantly down, and she sent a thought over to Anakin. 'Teriko and Ahsoka came up with a plan to get us out.'

'I thought Ahsoka was in danger.'

'That was the only way I could get you to let me in, stupid.'

Anakin was quiet, and Ashara took that as her opportunity to tell Anakin the plan.

'No need for a plan, R2 is here, and I'm alone. The queen has gone to meet with Dooku, and I took care of the guards.'

Ashara rolled her eyes. 'Of course he's ahead of the game.' She cut off the connection, and returned to Teriko.

'Okay, change of plans, R2 is helping us, so stay on the ship, and prepare for our arrival.'

She got a confirmation back, and waited patiently for Anakin to arrive at her cage with R2. A few minutes later, and she was smirking up at the face of her brother figure.

"You're late", she grinned at him. Anakin rolled his eyes.

"I'm not late", he argued, before focusing the force around the cage, and bringing the cage up. He pulled off a wall, and Ashara gladly climbed out. Her legs had been starting to cramp.

"You're late when my legs start cramping, and guess what, they were cramping."

Anakin rolled his eyes again, before getting serious. "We need to get our lightsabers."

"I know the queen has mine. She likely has yours as well."

Ashara scoffed as she used the force to pull apart the shock collar around her neck. It let out a wonderful clank as it hit the ground.

"Then let's go."

"She's in a meeting with Dooku", Anakin said. 

"All the more reason to go", Ashara said cheerfully. "I'm in the mood for a fight."

Anakin shook his head. "Why I put up with you, I will never know."

"It's cause you love me", Ashara teased. "I am your sister after all."

"I'm not sure you being my sister is a good enough reason to put up with you", he teased back, as he started walking away, leading the way to the throne room.

"Aw, come on", Ashara said. "You're no fun."

Anakin shook his head, and pulled her into a side hug.

"I'm glad you're alright, sis."

"Same to you, bro, same to you."