Chapter Twenty-One

"We are decrypting the audio, sir", a clone said to Anakin. Ashara stood next to him, watching a fuzzy blue image of General Grievous. A familiar voice crackled through, and it wasn't Grievous'. It was Ventress.

"The home planet of Kamino will be a dangerous target", she said. Ashara gritted her teeth. She hadn't seen Ventress since they fought on Teth at the monastery.

"Just make sure you hold up your half of the mission", Grievous said sharply. "We must stop the production of new clones if we are to win this war."

The hologram fizzled out, and Anakin unfolded his arms. "Kamino", he said as he looked at Obi-wan.

"They're going to attack our home planet", Rex said. Ashara glanced over at him, and noticed him looking over at the three Jedi.

"The separatists are taking quite the chance even considering this", Obi-wan said.

"With all due respect, General, if someone comes to our home, they better be carrying a big blaster."

Commander Cody spoke up. "I concur with Captain Rex, sir. This is personal for us clones."

"We'll make sure Kamino is secure", Anakin said. "Tell your troopers in the 501st they're going home."

"Yes, sir!" Rex said, and he and Cody walked away. Ashara watched Rex until he disappeared around the corner, before she looked at her two fellow Jedi.

"I'm going to go find Tchachke and Meeva and prepare them for battle. They've been itching for a fight."

The two Jedi nodded, and Ashara quickly left the room, leaving the two by themselves. Anakin and Obi-wan shared a look.

"How long do you think it'll be before they finally admit how they feel about each other?" Anakin asked. Obi-wan shrugged.

"It's fairly obvious they have feelings for each other, but I think they're both avoiding it right now because they know the restrictions and the rules that we have in place. Besides... it'll be better if we all just ignore it. They're okay right now, so there's not much we need to worry about right now in that area of business."

"Just as long as the rest of the council doesn't find out", Anakin muttered. "Ashara would be released from the Order for sure, and Rex... Rex would possibly be exterminated for it."

"And I know you're attached to both of them", Obi-wan said. "So I won't tell the rest of the council, as long as they don't make it too obvious if they do admit how they feel about each other."

Anakin chuckled. "I think they're more careful than that."

~~~~~~

Ashara found her squad with two clones from the 501st. She recognized them as Fives and Echo. She chuckled softly. "Hey, Fives, Echo. Rex is looking for you."

The two nodded and left their sister clones alone. Ashara approached what was left of her squad. "Are you girls ready to go home?"

"We're going back to Kamino?" Meeva asked. Ashara nodded.

"What for?" Tchachke tilted her head as she spoke, radiating curiosity. The togruta sighed, her eyes closing briefly.

"Nothing good, I'm afraid", she admitted. "We believe Grievous is planning an attack there, so we need to return to protect your homeworld."

The sisters nodded, and stood. "We're ready to protect Kamino, and every clone there."

Ashara smiled. "Then let's get to the hangar."