Chapter Seven

Ashara moaned slightly as she shifted. She faintly heard some voices talking over her. 

"She should be alright. She just spent a lot of energy through the force, as well as trying to survive with limited oxygen."

"That's good to hear", a familiar voice said. Ashara recognized it as Anakin's. She groaned again as she opened her eyes, only to close them again at the bright light. She slowly opened her eyes, allowing them to adjust to the brightness.

When they finally adjusted, she saw Anakin standing next to the clone medic, Kix.

"You're awake!" Anakin exclaimed.  Ashara grumbled as she sat up. 

"Going to take more than that to get rid of me, Anakin." The Jedi chuckled, causing Ashara to chuckle as well before turning her attention to other matters. "How are Master Plo and the clones?"

"They're fine", Anakin said. "You took the brunt of it. Wolffe said you did something just before we found you that made it easier for him to breathe. Kix here says it probaby nearly killed you."

Ashara chuckled nervously. "Yeah... I used the force to to seal off the punctures made by the droids while also slowing my own breathing so that he would live."

Anakin shook his head. "You would risk your own life just to save that of a singular clone?"

"Yes", she said with no hesitation. "Every life is valuable, no matter if it's made by the normal means, or if they're grown in a tube."

Anakin let out a quiet laugh before he helped her stand. "You certainly are one of a kind, aren't you, Ash?"

Ashara smirked at him. "You haven't figured that out yet? Wow, Anakin, I thought you were smarter than that."

Anakin shook his head with a smile as he led her out of the room and onto the familiar hallways of a cruiser. Ashara figured she was most likely on the Resolute. They approached the bridge, where she found Rex, Cody, and Obi-wan. 

Rex and Cody saluted Obi-wan before they turned and walked towards Ashara and Anakin. The togruta sent a smile at the two of them.

"Hey, Rex, Cody", she greeted warmly. They both smiled at her in return.

"General Ki", Rex greeted in return as he paused to briefly talk.

"Where are you guys off to?" she asked. Cody chuckled.

"We're doing inspections on the nearby outposts. Making sure the clones there are keeping up the good work", he said. "Not the most exciting job in the galaxy, but it's gotta be done."

The word inspections  caught Ashara's attention. She was immediately on edge. "Hey, be careful on them. I know they're routine, but I just have a bad feeling about them."

Rex and Cody nodded, before they continued on their way. Ashara joined Anakin and Obi-wan at the holotable, where they were speaking to Mace Windu and Yoda.

"Ashara, it's good to see you're doing well after your mission with the Malevolence", Windu said.

"Malevolence?" she asked, confusion filling her body.

"The mystery weapon that nearly killed you and Master Plo Koon", Anakin explained. "It's been taken care of, which is why we're taking care of menial matters now, such as inspections on the outposts."

Ashara nodded, understanding what they were saying. She was glad it was taking care of, knowing that that weapon could have decimated their armies without anyone knowing anything about it.

The council kept it's attention on Ashara, surprising her. "On Kamino, a mission for you", Yoda told the young knight. She blinked in surprise. "Go there, you must."