Chapter Ten

Ashara ran through the hallways toward the landing bay, taking care to avoid battle droid when she could. Some of them she couldn't avoid, and thus had to destroy them. She reached the door to the landing bay, and saw that it was closed, and she frowned. She looked up and saw the vents and grimaced. She hadn't climbed in the vents since she was a youngling. Nevertheless, it was the only way she could get in, so she used the force to open the vent before she jumped in. She crawled through the vents until she reached an exit that led into the landing bay. 

She peered through the vent exit and saw Ahsoka and Anakin standing by the closed door with the clones. She winced when she only saw six clones instead of the ten they had come in with. One of her own squad was missing, but she couldn't tell which one yet. She also saw the Twilight, ready and waiting. A seventh clone was waiting by the ramp; she guessed that he was the pilot. She saw that the landing bay door was closed, and her eyes narrowed. She looked around the room and saw Stubby at a port, keeping them from leaving. R2 wasn't far off from him. Her eyes widened when three vulture droids dropped from the ceiling close to her, and four super droids came in through the door. It was time for her to join the fun. She cut through the vent, and pulled herself out of it, landing on top of one of the vulture droids.

"R2, get the hangar doors open!" she shouted as she looked at the blue droid. R2 beeped at her, and started working to do that. Her shout had caught the attention of the other two vulture droids. They started shooting at her, meaning they were also shooting at their fellow vulture droid. It missed her several times, and instead hit the vulture droid she stood on. Before it exploded, she leapt off, landing on the ground a few feet away from it. When it exploded, it took the other two vulture droids with it. She felt the station start to drop and she winced. She turned look at the super droids, and found that they were in a smoldering heap as well, but that was from Anakin and Rex's doing.

Ashara noticed that the hangar door was open and nodded her head toward the Twilight, causing Anakin, Ahsoka, and the clones to hurry toward it. She followed after, and found her squad waiting for her. They had taken their helmets off, and were looking at her sadly. As she looked at their faces, she noticed that they were missing Tha. She sighed softly, and rested her hand on the closest clones shoulder. It happened to be Tchachke, who had seemed to be closest to Tha. 

"Grieving must come later", she said softly, though she wanted to grieve along with them at that moment. "We're not out of this fight yet."

They nodded, and she started toward the cockpit, passing Anakin on the way. She smiled, knowing he was going to get R2. 

As she entered the cockpit, she heard Rex speak. "General Skywalker has gotten into his fighter. Where's he going?"

"To pick up a droid", Ashara said simply as she approached. She stood next to Rex. They got out into space, and the Jedi Knight smiled when she saw her ship was still in one piece. "Hey, Ahsoka, mind dropping me off at my ship?"

The younger togruta nodded, and connected to the Ghost, where Ashara traded places with one of Anakin's clones. She heard her squad enter into the cockpit as they disengaged from the Twilight. She contacted Obi-wan, to let him know what happened.

"Ashara", he greeted simply. 

"Mission complete, Master Kenobi", she replied. "The listening post has been destroyed, and Anakin got his droid back."

"He didn't jeopardize the mission, did he?" 

Ashara laughed. "Nah, that was Stubby's doing. He was a spy for our dear friend General Grievous."

"Ah, well, I'll have to ask you to report to the council about your mission. You, Anakin, and Ahsoka."

Ahsara nodded. "Will do, Master Kenobi. I'll let them know."

He nodded, and the hologram fizzled out. Ashara turned to her droid.

"R3, is the navicomputer set for the fleet?" The droid beeped back a response, and the togruta smiled. "Then let's get on our way."