Chapter Sixty-Four

Ashara stood next to Anakin as they discuss the battlefronts on Anaxes with Master Windu, Obi-Wan, and Teriko. There was a chance they could change the entire course of the campaign on Anaxes, but it was a very small chance.

"I think I could improve your chances", a confident voice stated. Ashara looked over to see Echo.

"Excuse me for a moment, Generals", Rex said as he hurried over to Echo. As they talked quietly, Ashara could feel Teriko's glare. She swiveled her gaze around to meet his, and she was saddened to see that the gold rim was still there. Being under Obi-Wan's supervision didn't seem to be helping any.

"If the trooper has a plan, I'd like to hear it", Windu said, having overheard Rex's conversation with Echo. Ashara turned to look back over at the duo.

"May I?" Echo asked Rex for permission who begrudgingly let him go. He scomped in and began to explain his plan.

"While Master Windu leads a team to retake the assembly complex, the Bad Batch will escort me into Trench's new comm vault, which according to current intel, is now located on this Separatist dreadnaught above Anaxes", Echo explained. "Once I'm plugged in, I can feed Trench strategies, but this time, you'll know every move before he makes it."

"And you are certain that if we get you onboard that ship, that you can convince Trench's army to do what you want?" Master Windu says.

"Absolutely", Echo stated. "Unfortunately, I've been doing this for a while, but this time, I can help bring about a Republic victory instead of a defeat."

Master Windu nodded, accepting the plan. Anakin and Rex went with the Bad Batch, while Ashara stayed with Windu. She was going to help with the attack on the assembly complex.

The Jedi leapt out of their gunships, and landed safely in the assembly complex. Ashara landed next to Master Windu, while Obi-Wan and Teriko landed nearby. All of their lightsabers were drawn, ready to attack

"My name is General Mace Windu of the Jedi Order", Master Windu said, confusing the other three Jed in the room. "At this point of the clone war, I have dismantled and destroyed over one hundred thousand of you type one battle droids. I am giving you the opportunity to peacefully lay down your weapons so that you may be reprogrammed to serve a better purpose than spreading the mindless violence and chaos, which you have inflicted upon the galaxy." 

Ashara had to fight back her amusement. He was probably confusing the droids, just as much as he was confusing Obi-Wan. The confusion didn't last long, as one of the droids shouted "blast them."

The droids immediately began to rain fire upon them, and Ashara was quick to leap into the fray. Teriko did the same and together they fought together. Even if they didn't agree with each other  at the moment, they still served the same purpose and would work together to go through with this.

A voice came over all of their comm-links. "Master Windu, I know it's going to sound crazy, but it's about to get a little more crowded where you are", Anakin said. Ashara groaned, but kept fighting. She was trusting that Echo knew what she was doing.

"We have our hands full as it is", Windu said. "What is you plan?"

Ashara listened as she fought, though it was hard to hear over the sound of blaster fire. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to jump directly into the fray, as she was surrounded on all sides by droids. She found herself backing up, and soon found herself back to back with her old padawan.

"Just like old times, eh, Teriko?" she joked, though she wasn't sure he would find it entirely funny.

"Sure", he replied sharply. She sighed, but kept her mind focused on the mission. Together they took down many droids, and soon, the droids were all gone. Ashara knew that it wouldn't be long until the rest of the droids showed, and they would be entirely overwhelmed again.