Catelyn's approval

Joanna enjoyed being a sister.

She spent so much of her life taking care of Tommen and Marcylla that sometimes it felt like she was their mother. She never complained though. It helped ease her mind at the thought that they would never end up like Joffrey. She always dreamt of teaching Marcylla to use a bow - even hoped she could gift her sister with her dagger seeing that Tommens interest were far away from a sword. Marcylla was free spirited and adventurous like her while Tommen was timid and shy but she nurtured both of them equally with love.

In many ways Arya reminded her of Marcylla. Confident young girls who spoke their mind and had the hearts of victors. Arya herself didnt expect to like Joanna as much as she did. In all honesty she expected a prim and proper lady who spent hours of her day in silk gowns.

An arrow travelled through the heart and crotch of a hanging dummy as the two practised their archery. Robb had mentioned that Arya would sneak around their castle swiping Bran and Rickons weapons and practise themselves.

Their father was thrilled by her interest but made it clear that she had to follow their mothers instructions and be a proper lady. From what Joanna could tell Arya had no reason to sit beside a fire knitting blankets

"Shae was right, you're good." She walked closer to Arya and spoke behind her ear "But take it from me, you can still use some work." She explained. Arya turned to her with a slightly offended look on her face

"I hit them where I wanted." She confidently replied

"Yes, but did you notice you took too much time firing your arrow? You have to remember that you wont be fighting lifeless straws. You'll be fighting trained and fast men who wont hesitate to attack you." She explained, cant help feeling nostalgic as she remembered the many lessons Jaime would teach her at sundown by the shores of Kings Landing." Robb mentioned that he helped Bran with his stance – let me see yours."

Arya nodded her head as she took her position but Joanna shook her head noticing too many mistakes already. She eased her hand under Aryas elbow raising it "You need to keep your elbow high. The arrow needs to glide through your arm like it weighs a grain of salt. Meaning you put most of the work in your back."

The young girl listened as she corrected her stance but Joanna shook her head in disagreement again, discouraging her

"You're holding? You should never hold."

"Joanna, youre not making sense." Said Arya

"You'll hurt yourself because your muscles are tensing up if you hold. Pull the string back to the middle of your chin and release but avoid holding."

"But I have to aim." Joanna chuckled as she was reminded of herself far too much in Arya. At least she had patience where as she easily stormed off from Jaime if she didnt get anything right within the first three attempts

"But don't aim."

"What?"

"Sweetheart, you're eye already knows where it has to go. You need to start rely on instinct. So look at the target and shoot but without holding and no aiming. Glide." Arya huffed as she raised the bow. The arrow flying through the air without her doubting herself making a straight bulls eye. Arya gasped realising that Joannas advice worked. She looked to her very proudly as Joannas hands applauded her.

"See! Much easier, isnt it?" Joanna beamed. Aryas grin softened as she looked to back to her target. Picking at the handle of the bow. Arya stool still before sullenly admitting

"He would've loved you, y'know. My father. Always joked around about how smitten Robb was when you arrived. If he were still here-"  Arya spoke looking down to the ground. Joanna didn't even hesitate as she brought the young girl closer to her. At first Arya was taken aback but soon melted into her arms