onward

Joanna no longer had tears to cry. Now she was only fuelled by rage and vengeance. She understood why Arya was so determined to end the lives of the men that were responsible for her fathers death.

Love does not endure when you live together peacefully but rather when the love has been taken away unrightfully so. Ayame told her everything and as traumatizing as it was she understood why.

Even in her childhood Robert had made it clear on why he needed Eddard Starks help. The North was various and determined to belong to themselves. They were stubborn with an iron will ready to stand at the battle lines. Not even a Targeryen could control the North with absolute power. They stood on their own and have always been a threat to the throne.

They posed a danger to the entire system of the realm. If one of the seven kingdoms decided they could rule independently whats to say High Garden or Dorne dont feel the same way.

The last of the Starks.

After the betrayal of her family she no longer considered herself to be a Lannister.

She felt like an insolent fool for thinking they could change. She always knew they were vile but she never imagined that they would inflict that torment she suffered at the red wedding.

But she didn’t feel like a Stark either – she never did. She was Robb's wife but she was far from Stark. In some way she felt like a stranger looking through a glass house of which she couldn't enter.

A Lannister always paid their debts. Hear me roar

The house calling to her family. As a child she would grow irritated by the constant preaching of her family for what her house symbolized. It was made abundantly clear that she would never have the honour of being taught by Robert as to what the Baratheons stood for.

Even Jaime could see that the former king had no interest in what he believed were his children. Tywin taught her to be strategic and patient as a war lord, Cersei taught her to be cunning and use her beauty and charm to over power, Tyrion taught her the craft of wisdom and manipulation and Jaime taught her to be a fighter.

Every whisper and every story of the house of lions existed in her very being. But she was able to teach herself kindness, respect and fairness. Maybe that was why she and Robb instantly were taken with one another – because they lived by the same values.

"Don't worry little one. If my family wants to see me again they will, only it will be on my own fucking terms." She softly spoke rubbing her belly. Hiding in the corner of the cell she cloaked herself with the pieces of rag that was used as a blanket. She would unthread the dress she wore and use its thread to make a cloak for herself. It was used as a blanket at night but underneath her body she dug away the bow and arrows and daggers Greywind would bring at his nightly visits.

At the howl of the moon she knew it was time. Tonight was a full moon which meant the guards would be tired as theyve been travelling between house Lin and the Twins.

With no hesitation she grabbed the dagger and headed for the cell gate. The blade slicing through her guards throat. He gagged as he fell to his knees. The veins in his face turning blue as Joanna watched the life leave his eyes.

Just as it did with Catelyn.

Reaching her arm through the gate she grabbed hold of the keys and unlocked herself. The cells were empty. A second guard down the passage was alarmed as he charged towards Joanna. But she could see he was slower because of his armour.

Charging at him, she dodged the first swing as she rolled out of the way. His back turned to her. The sword puncturing through his heart and she used a piece of rag to gag his mouth. Joanna could feel the resurgence of adrenaline course through her body.