useful Lannister

That morning Joanna stood in front of a mirror only this time she looked far from a fair maiden. Her hair was braided back leaving no strand of hair in her face and she wore the armour of a soldier marching into battle. She breathed in deeply as her eyes scanned over her. Conflicted - she didn't want to betray her family but she was tired of the injustices caused by her family. It was time to face the consequence because if not the war between the houses of the seven kingdoms would never know peace.

"You look beautiful." A voice complimented her. Joanna's lips pursed as she noticed Robb standing in her doorway.

"What lies do you mean to speak my lord. I look no different than a man." She laughed. Robb's blue eyes gleamed as he laughed at her comment

Robb stepped forward. It didn't matter whether she was wearing silk or breaches she still was the most beautiful woman in all of the seven kingdoms. Robb knew that he found attractive in more than just a physical way - but his father raised him to be a man of honour. King Robert was dead so the agreement between their fathers was void. Their betrothal no longer existed.

"Robb, I'm scared." Robb breathed out as he extended his hand, Joanna taking it with hers. The physical contact making her heart beat faster already

"I promise you Joanna, you have nothing to fear. I will protect you from anything and anyone."

"You don't have to protect me Robb. They're my family, remember?" She asked. The reality sinking into her more and more because come day break she would no longer be Joanna Lannister - she'd be Joanna, a soldier to Robb's Starks war and there was no turning back from it.

The bannermen left at the peak of nightfall. Towns fallen asleep and roads empty with nothing but it's ash. Joanna stayed with Shae as the two rode together. Only three men fighting for the Starks. Joanna, Shae and Lady Mormont. The two girls by far the youngest and the least respected. They couldn't ignore the glares and stares the men sent them. Some in disgust and some in lust that made Joanna even more fearful on what might happen to her.

"If you want I can have your tent set up next to mine." Shae kindly offered to her

"Thank you, that would be more comforting."

"Is this your first time from home? This far I mean?" Shae question as their horses walked along the roads

"Yes, in my lifetime I haven't done as much travelling. Not that my mother would want me to go anywhere without her supervision." Joanna rolled her eyes in the memories of her sneaking out of the Red Keep to the markets only to find Jaime already expecting her failed sneak arrivals

"At least your mother was over protective. My mother is the reason I have so many scars. She'd fill my head with stories of fairies and elves. One time even climbed the tallest tree in our gardens and fell as hard as I did." The two women laughed at their polar opposite upbringings.

"You know as suspicious as I was I'm really glad you're here my lady. I hope not to embarrass you but I've never - actually been around a girl my age." Shae shyly confessed. Joanna's face softened as she her lips curved upward

"Really?"

"Yes,most of my childhood was sitting in on meetings with my father. Being the only heir and a girl I was taught how to be a warrior so I never had time to be a girl."

"I'm glad you're here too. Besides for Robb, you're the only friend I have here." Joanna replied. Shae turned to the girl - overwhelmed with joy. One grew up in armour and the other in silk robes but it seems they similarities in their upbringing was all the same.

Her first council meeting was summoned. Growing up Joanna and Joffrey would sneak through the passages of the Red Keep listening in to the conversations Jaime would have with the Kingsgaurd, memorize every drunken statement Robert would make at the table as Cercsei forced herself not to fling the table knife in his eye- for a while it was all amusing to both children. But Joffrey grew out of those habits.