chosen sides

Shae Lin was the last surviving child of the Lin family. Her brothers valiantly fought alongside Robert Baratheon but at the expense of their lives. Her father had no choice but to raise a warrior. No matter how hard they tried her mother was unable to conceive another son. No matter, her father loved her dearly. He made the decision that should he ever meet his fate his daughter will take hold of House Lin and serve as its Lady.

Shae was skilled in combat and mastered every weapon her father bestowed in front of her. Whether it be a simple hammer of a sword, he made it his mission to ensure that his last surviving child would be able to protect herself. No one knew the true origins of the Lin family.

They looked very different from the typical men and women resided in the north. They had tanned skin as gold as treasure. Their eyes as dark as shadows that moved swiftly in the wind and hair as dark as the ravens in the sky.

Shae was traveling north to Winterfell. Her banner men had been summoned by the now - Lord of Winterfell, Robb Stark. Her mother pleaded that she didnt go. Begged her as she warned that war was no place for a woman but she had no choice. Her father died of illness just within a fortnight ago - she was the Lady of House Lin and if she didnt meet with Robb Stark, she would be hanged for an oath breaker. It was an impossible decision that had to be made.

"My Lady, I must say as honourable and brave your duty to Lord Stark is, I must, do you think it wise to be a part of this war." The feud between the Lannisters and Starks are none of our concern.Ser Eddison, her fathers loyal advisor and her godfather asked. Eddison made a promise on her fathers death bed that he would take care of her until his dying breath.

"If you plan on telling me that I have no business here because I am a woman - "Shae rolled her eyes as their horses continued to walk. She could already see House Stark in her sight. The castle standing proud with the Direwolf sigil hanging proud in the air. She turned her head and nodded her head to her men, giving them the permission to raise her houses banners.

The sigil the Lynx cat - uncommon between the Northerners but quiet, vigilant and striking to its opponents.

"On the contrary my lady, I believe you the skills to fight in a war. What I question is your maturity. You are at the mere ago of fifteen. From what I understand Robb Stark is a boy of the age of sixteen. You are still children - and yet you think it wise to fight your fathers war. Wars that begun when you were not old enough to go to sleep without a wet nurse. " Eddison explained hoping she wouldnt find offence in his words. Shae light heartedly smirked at the man. Her mothers mind was never the same after she lost her children. From her memory she only truly remembered her father and Edd raising her.

"I understand, but I believe that I can fight. I know these men carry the same concern but please, believe me when I say that I am ready."

She mounted off her house, outraged that she was not welcomed to Winterfell. Her bannermen deserted in an empty courtyard. Shae looked around and there was no one in sight - was she late? Did they hear the rumours that a woman would be leading her house? Shae turned to the castle to see three abnormally large wolves growl at her. Her heart skipped a beat, slowly she lowered her hand to unseat her sword but it was in vain.

The wolves growled only louder. Her hand on the handle of her sword. The largest one - covered in grey fur stalked her. She was willing to fight but against a wolf -

"Greywind!" A voice called. Shaes eyes darted to see a woman running towards them. She knew immediately who she was. Joanna Lannister.

"Greywind, no , no take Summer and Shaggydog to the kennels. Now please." She demanded as she knelt down to calm him. It suddenly made sense. Shae realised they werent just wolves - they were direwolves. Loyal to the Starks, but how is it that a Baratheon was able to control them.