the purple wedding

T

he kingdom of Kings Landing rejoiced as the celebration between the marriage of Margaery Tyrell and king Joffrey commenced. Gifts covered every table in the great pride of the consummation of young love. The Lannisters and Tyrells all seated at the table as Joffrey relished in Joannas unhappiness, having forced Meryn Trant to remove her from his chambers. Never allowing his sister to leave his sights.

Joanna felt like she was reliving a sick nightmare. She sat at the banquet table as the red wedding constantly played over in her mind. The smell of wine and melancholy music in her hears, every time she turned her head expected to see Robb laughing next to her, she was only met with an anxious and irritated Sansa.

She couldn't blame Sansa, both of them having been victims to Joffreys torment. Sansa his queen that never was and Joanna, unfortunately his sister. Joanna couldn't even dare to look at the food on her plate as the cooked meat only reminded her of the Stark armies that were gutted in her presence as Walder Frey cackled in her torment.

Joanna sat at the end of the table, Joffrey insisting that she not be seated with the Lannisters as she has brought such shame to their family.

"A handsome goblet, my lord." Joffrey's voice broke her train of thought as she looked to Mace Tyrell presenting a gift to the king "Or shall I call you father?"

"I shall be honoured, your grace." Mace Tyrell proudly answered to his good- son. Joanna couldn't ignore the side eye she was receiving not only from Joffrey but also from Tywin. The pair having had a heated dispute about her attack on the king- nothing that she hadn't heard before.

How it was insolent to attack her kin, her brother , her king. Joanna could not care less anymore of Joffrey, if anything she thanked gods that he had a crowd to entertain with his arrogance , knowing he lacked the charisma to gain true respect from his people.

A large book placed at the table as Tyrion presented his gift "A book? "Joffrey annoyingly questioned. Joanna recognized the book immediately having been able to recite it since she was only ten

"The lives of four kings. Grand Maester Keath's history of the reigns of Daeron the young dragon, Baelor the blessed, Aegon the unworthy and Daeron the good. A book every king should read." Tyrion answered as he glanced to Joanna, that catching Joffreys' eye. His irritation growing as even at his own wedding he couldn't escape the cloud of Joanna above him.

He gripped his cup of wine looking back to their uncle "Now that the war is won, we should all find the time for wisdom. Thank you Uncle." Joffrey contained composure

The Mountain, larger than life approached the table of the king as more of the war replayed in Joanna's mind. How her grandfather had her abducted at Harrenhall, where she forced through pure will to escape as well as with Arya... Arya. Joanna could feel the guilt wash over her as she couldn't even place on her finger what had happened to Arya that night.

She did not attend the wedding but she wondered if Arya managed to - She shook her head, it was impossible. As far as she knew she was the last survivor of the red wedding.

"One of the last Valyrian steel swords in the capital, your grace." Their grandfather gifted him "Freshly forged in your honour." Joffrey overjoyed as he stood up to receive his sword. Unsheathing it as he played with it in hand, Joannas lips drew into thin line as she forced herself not to laugh at how comical his display was. She found it humouress as even his stance to hold a sword could not compare to hers.

"Careful you grace." Maester Pycelle warned the young king "Nothing cuts like Valyrian steel."

"So they say." Joffrey played no mind to the old mans warning. Before Joanna could grab her cup of water, the blade of Joffreys sword cut through the book of the lives of four kings. The flims of paper barely hanging onto its arch. If there was ever a greater irony to Joffrey , his immature display would be it.