loss in power

"You are so reckless! No, if anything your self righteous arrogance is starting to cloud your judgement! We can't have him killed!" Joanna shouted from across their chambers. It was finally the day of Rickard Karstarks execution and even though Arya's word sunk deep in her mind she needed to hope.

Hope that Robb would have a change of heart

Robb stood from his desk to his wife who cloaked herself in one of his furs. They've been at it for hours and she refused to give up on something he would not change mind of.

"Yes, it's what's right. He murdered those boys and needs to pay for his crimes. I thought this was what you wanted - to serve justice." He spoke calmly having no further indulgence in their argument.

"I did want the boys alive with our forces in tact! Robb, please don't do this." She begged

"If I do that then I might as well excuse Joffrey for killing my father! I won't allow it!" He yelled. Joanna slowly approached her husband. She was shocked to see how tired he was. His complexion near pale and his eyes laid heavy. Neither of them were in their best of shape and it showed. From Robb's exhausted eyes to Joanna's bruised knuckles.

"Robb as your Lady, your most loyal advisor I am deeply urging you not to go through with this. The North does not need it's men to turn against each other."

"Joanna, " he soft spoke. She stood in front of her husband but did not dare to touch him. The tension was too sensitive and temperamental between them. She longed to be held by him but she needed to stand up for what she believed in, even against the one person who's input mattered most to her.

"I can't. I have to pass this sentence for the crimes they committed. It's how my father raised me. This is the way of the North and he understood that more than ever. Whether you like it or not Karstark will meet his due." He replied. Joanna looked to him to him with utter disappointment. She shook her head in turmoil. Robb was untouched by her tone as he kissed her cheek.

She gasped at the sudden contact. She pulled her face away stepping backwards as she clutched his cloak.

"I love you." he said before leaving.

Rain poured from the skies and Joanna was sure if Old Nan were here she'd tell them a tale of how the sky pouring a one of the gods weeping from agony. The skies were so grey that it made her red gown look like a drop of blood in snow. Joanna stood between Brynden and Arya as they watched Robb approach the Lord Karstark who was already placed over the pedestal waiting for the sentence to be passed.

Joanna was more than just worried for Robb. His soaked curls hung over his forehead but the fierce danger and command on his face is what worried her. It was impossible for anyone around not to be scared of him - and yet she... she didn't fear him but rather feared for him.

She didn't want to see the consequence of his actions unfold but it was inevitable.

"The blood of the first men flow through my veins as much as yours boy." Karstark spoke "I fought the mad king for your father, I fought Joffrey for you. We are kin, Stark and Karstark."

"That didn't stop you from betraying me." Robb responded with a deadly tone "And it won't save you now."

"I don't want it to save me. I want it to haunt you till the end of your days."

"Kneel, my lord."

Karstark lowered his head as he positioned himself ready. Joanna felt at like she was the edge of her nerves as she was the sword being unseathed.

"Richard Karstark, Lord of Karhold, here in sights of Gods and Men I sentence you to die. Would you speak a final word?" Robb allowed him to speak one final time