51. Can devil become an angel again?

I basically jump out of the car and run toward Chloe's house

I basically jump out of the car and run toward Chloe's house. But I stop when I see paramedics surrounding it. And there're police officers. What happened?

"What happened? What?", I shout, jerking every single one of them, desperate to know one thing. Is she alive or did I lose one more person in my life?

Was I too late or I managed to get on time first time in my life?

"Where's the girl?"

No, no, please don't say that word which starts with d. My eyes catch stretch and I finally spot my blonde friend's head. I rush to her, trying to approach her, even though the paramedics block my way to her.

"Move! I want to see her! Is she okay? She's going to be okay? Right? Please, tell me!", I beg, while my eyes fill with tears and blur my vision.

But when they fall on my cheeks my vision is again clear and I see my best friend opening her eyes. When I see her pale face covered in bruises and wounds, her lips also bruised as well as her eyebrow, my heart breaks. But even though her lips are bruised they are curling into a smile.

"You're here", she whispers.

"I am! I am." I push one of the paramedics, frowning, to take her hand and when they entwine I return the smile. "I'm here. Don't worry. You're going to be alright."

Her crystal blue eyes move to someone. I glance in that direction to meet with the pair of angry brown eyes. His hands are in handcuffs, yet he keeps swearing and trying to get rid of the police officers who are pushing him in the car.

"Bitch! You'll pay! Don't think that it's over!" One of the officers pushes his head into the car and his gross face quickly disappears.

I squeeze Chloe's hand when I feel that it is shaking.

"Nothing will happen. You're safe now", I assure her while her eyes filled with tears focusing on mine.

Why do they always need to add some threatening words? Why do they always want to make us scared even if they are going to leave our lives? Why do they want us to fear our whole life? To have flashbacks and horrible consequences in a form of hard PTSD. How many percent of a woman fear men? I'll tell you- 99,9%. Every single woman on this planet has experienced violence from men in some form. Physical or mental. It doesn't matter. Violence is violence. Both forms are bad for themselves and terrible for the victim.

We have to show them that they don't possess us and can't hurt us our whole life. They can't pull out without the sentence. No fucking way. Every woman needs to know if a man hit her once they will do it again. There's no sorry. He screwed it. It's over. It has to be over. But how can it be over if that man is your father?

Chloe shivers and one of the paramedics covers her bruised body in torn clothes with a blanket.

"We need to take her to the hospital now", he tells me. I nod, but Chloe doesn't want to let go of my hand. She keeps squeezing it and watching me with her big ocean eyes filled with fear.