60. Sometimes you have to love someone from a distance

I'm so nervous right now and I am not a nervous type of person

I'm so nervous right now and I am not a nervous type of person. But my best friend, or should I say my sister, but since this is you, my dear diary, I can tell you that I'm talking about the girl I love. Here I can admit it. But she doesn't see me as me, she sees my brother instead who is, unfortunately, a monster, even though I thought that he changed for good and that God brought me back my twin.

The thing about the twins is that they are the most opposite people you can ever meet. They may resemble (of course not in every case), but they do not share anything else than a physical look (again if that is the case since there are a lot of twins that don't take after one another). Our thoughts, actions, and feeling are always the opposite of the other one. Yeah, we are connected with some kind of high power, connected more than the siblings who do not have this kind of similarity, but the case is that we cannot ever agree with it each other, which most siblings have in common, anyway. We are like the opposite pieces of a puzzle- we get along with each other, but we have the totally opposite shape. When you put us together, we are going to be properly matched, but when you tear us apart we work for ourselves alone. 

The thing is that we do not want to be matched together most of the time. And people always do that to us, especially our parents, but in our case, I cannot really talk about that. Though, I know how the other parents of twins work. They always dress them in the same clothes, they treat them the same, buying them the same toys as they have the same taste. They do not. We never have the same taste. Like I have said, we are the most different people with the most similarity you will ever meet. But, please, let me warn you: please, don't treat us as we are the one person, because we are not. If you have a problem differing us, just spend a little more time with us and then you will easily learn our basic differences, because they always exist, though they are for some unknown reasons impossible for the other people to spot them. 

That is the reason why I am a good, kind, and nice guy, gentle with other people, I like to help them as much as I can do since I am not that powerful. But on the other side, my missing piece does not like to be polite, yet rude and arrogant, cussing at everyone and yelling to them to leave him alone, but if they do not do that... he might become more than rude. He does not know what love is and he keeps expressing it the wrong way.

Who would say that we were twins? Twins who had to witness their mother being beaten by their father more than once, Chris even witnessed her being raped by him, and that is what made him think that he should treat women like that. He misunderstood her cries for help as just moans of satisfaction. He was the one who would tell me that mom loved dad because each night she slept with him and in his opinion, she would not do that if she did not love him. But, before you blame him, remember that he was only five, so was I, but that does not mean that I support his way of thinking. I knew that mom was made to do all she was doing and when she left I knew the real reason, while Chris did not. He kept calling her by some weird names which I had not heard before. Then, I realized that he was just repeating his father's choice of words and you can already guess which names he chose for her. Anyway, we had been left alone, when our mother run from hell not looking back at her sons, leaving them at it, not caring how five-year-old boys were going to manage to survive it.