61. You're an angel, you know that, don't you?

"Hey", I jerk her arm slightly when I pull over, turning off the engine

"Hey", I jerk her arm slightly when I pull over, turning off the engine. "We arrived."

"Where am I?" She finally opens her eyes, rubbing them with her fists and glancing at the car and me, confused about what is going on. I am so sad, looking at her like this. Devastated. Lost. Hurt. It is a really painful sight for me to watch.

"You have asked me to take you to watch the stars", I say, trying to clear her foggy memory. "Do you still want to watch them?"

"Would you be with me? Please?" Of course, I will be with her, There is no way I am leaving her in this state. I am just happy that she is aware enough to recognize me due to her broken state in which is hard to remember who is who, when you are not really sure who are you in the first place.

"Of course. Here I brought you your jacket." I take it from the back seat and help her put it on her now warmer body. My gaze falls on her bare legs. Why she always dressing up as if we live on the beach?

"Come on. Let's go." I jump out of the car and rush to open the door for her. I help her come out and wrap my arms around her tiny waist, protectively.

"Can you walk?" I glance at her tired face, smudged with black make-up, She has been crying before I hit her. 

"My legs hurt. I have been running for so long. I don't know how I stopped", she admits with her lost gaze focused somewhere far away. Somewhere where the pain is calling her name and she cannot resist, but to follow the voice that only she is capable of hearing. She is trying to keep up with its steps even though she perfectly knows that the pain is just going to hurt her.

"I-I stopped y-you." An oh escapes her trembling mouth. "Wait", I squeak and make sure that my hand is still holding her waist tightly and stretch to take tissues from the glove compartment. "Come on, now." I nudge her slightly since her confused expression with the opened mouth is still looking at the closed car. We start walking to the place from which the stars can be watched perfectly.

"Where are we?"

"A little more walking and you will see. Are you sure you can walk?"  I stop, looking at her bloodshot eyes. "I can carry you", I offer.

I did not choose the highest hill because I had in my mind that she must be exhausted and could not walk. She looks so fragile as she is about to break any minute into pieces. Since I do not want this to happen, I chose the lower hill and I am sure it can work for now. If we can watch stars from our garden then we can watch them from here as well.

"No, I can. I have to inhale some air. It helps me. I couldn't breathe while I was running. How did you find me?"

"That does not matter now. It matters that I found you", I beam.

She cannot even force a smile, and when she realizes that, she just bows her head. I want to see the smile on her beautiful face again. But looks like someone had hurt her. And I swear to God I am going to hurt that person even more. Not physically of course. But at that moment I did not think about my empty threats, yet just about her sad face with red and puffy eyes which were holding a pain that can break a person who was looking at her. No one hurts Stella and does not hurt me.