41. Don't coax

For your information, I finally got back to school

For your information, I finally got back to school. Yay.

This is my second day since I came back. I tried to avoid all the gazes and I can tell that there are definitely fewer of them. Looks like people forget rumors and move one to the others. To more interesting ones.

I also avoided Maya and Chloe. Chloe tried to talk to me, but I didn't give her a chance. I don't want to hear her excuses. The damage is already made. There's no point in crying overslipped milk, they say. So, looks like I'm about to face this damage, to stop crying overslipped milk. To face all those gazes, instead of avoiding them. They also say if you can beat them, join them. But how can I do then? To pity me with them? No way.

"You seriously need to talk to her", Myles tells me at school lunch. "She did not want to do anything bad".

"Yeah, yeah. Okay." I sigh.

Then I feel someone's presence behind me. When I turn around someone's lips crush to mine. Michael. I quickly pull away, embarrassed of Myles and everyone. I don't want to hear rumors anymore, but I can already hear whispers and gazes focused on us.

"Michael, not in school", I hiss and he rolls his eyes. Like I haven't already told him that.  "I told you." I frown.

"Okay." He shrugs and quickly disappears with Tyler who waves me and I smile at him.

"Hey, Stella." At least he is nice. "See ya!"

Yeah, Michael is nice, too, but I start to have a feeling as if he's nice only when we are alone. No, scratch that. He's in one mood and the other second he's in another. I can't keep up with his mood changes.

I can see that she is deep in her thoughts

I can see that she is deep in her thoughts. I swear if Michael hurts her I will... I just cannot take seeing her hurt. She does not deserve that. She deserves happiness. And I wish I could give it to her. God, I wish if I could give her a world, but I am not the one she chose. And I do not want her to see that I am sad. I am happy if she is happy.

"If he does something to you, do you promise that you will tell me? Please", I beg.

"I will." She nods. "Don't worry."