58. I love you

After the social worker had left, a doctor came and ordered that Michael should be given a tranquilizer, of course without him knowing because if he knew it would be such a disaster, but luckily it wasn't

After the social worker had left, a doctor came and ordered that Michael should be given a tranquilizer, of course without him knowing because if he knew it would be such a disaster, but luckily it wasn't. So he's now asleep, finally and Tyler and I are outside, inhaling the fresh air.

It tore me into pieces to see Michael broken like that. I saw his tears. He cried because he missed his mom. I miss mine, too. I'm the one who can understand him the best. The pain we both share is unbearable and too heavy for our faint back and I'm not sure for how long we can continue carrying it. I hope we can carry it together cause they say together we are stronger.

Here's a thing. I've never been religious. I just couldn't understand who God is. Or who he is supposed to be. Where does he live and how that we can't see him? Maybe I did believe in him, before... Before my mom's death, but after she left me I had made a promise not to ever believe in him. Not to ever pray. And I never have. Until now.

I couldn't believe how God can exist if he took my mother from me. They say God does good things, helps people, and heals them. But why didn't he help my mom then if he is such a healer and helper? Why did he allow her death? Her departure? He allowed her to come and join him, leaving me. I don't know if she joined him, because they say suicide is a sin and then maybe that famous God didn't want to let her in heaven but sent her into hell. But like I've said I don't believe in any of this.

And it's important to mention that I still don't believe. But, yes I thanked God. Yeah, I thanked him, whoever he is and wherever he is, for saving Michael, for not taking one more person from me. The person I care about. The person I love. He saved him. And I thanked him after I had prayed for him to forbid him to leave me. Yeah, I prayed after so much time. And it felt so weird, but I had some faith and I felt better while putting my words together in a speech and asking him for a favor. And he didn't fail me. And for that I'm thankful. Maybe be exists after all, but this doesn't mean that he redeemed by saving Michael, because I still didn't forgive him for taking my mom from me. No, I'm not going to forgive him that. Never.

I inhale cold, fresh air, taking a rest from the hideous hospital scent that my nostrils had to stand for about two hours. But I feel something again bothering my small and sensitive nose which can smell the most far away scents. Cigarette. That's Tyler's cigarette.

"Since when are you smoking?", I ask, scrunching my nose in disgust.

"The same thing Michael asked me", he chuckles. "Yeah, I smoke sometimes I told him. Want?" He passes me a cigarette and I scrunch my nose once again and shake my head.

"No, I don't smoke cigarettes. I only smoke weed", I mutter the last part.

"That I don't have", he laughs.

"I see. I thought that you are the bad boy?", I ask, crossing my arms, trying to make coldness go away. But it doesn't and that is probably because I'm wearing a crop top as always.