𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

DEJAH.

"What are you planning on doing for your birthday?"

I gave Lindsay a look. It was mid-September. My birthday wasn't until November. I hadn't really put the thought into it. I need to though, November was right around the corner.

"I don't know yet." I shrugged. We were at Lindsay's house. I was helping her with preparations for her mother's wedding.

Lindsay and I were sorting out invitations. I volunteered to help anyways since I wasn't doing anything on this early Saturday morning.

"I might do a hotel party. I don't wanna do a major party, that's way too much."

Lindsay nodded. "My mom said she's passing these out at her church tomorrow so we can just leave it there."

I nodded, taking a break. "Why is she handing out invitations so late? The wedding is literally a month away."

"She wanted to do them last. She's a little weird." Lindsay chuckled. I pulled a chair back. "I've been so tired with everything. I needed that break last week."

Lindsay smirked. "Ouuuuu, how was it?"

"It was nice. More than nice, actually. He was so sweet and cute." I couldn't stop myself from smiling. "That's so niceeee, Dejah. I love this for you." She rubbed my shoulder.

"Girl please. He is still with Yaya." "Barely." She laughed.

"You should invite him to the wedding. Everyone is allowed to bring an extra guest." "I invited Joe and he said yes before I could even finish my sentence."

I laughed. Joe and Lindsay's bond was cute as hell. I slept over two days ago, and he literally called her more than five times. He sounded so mature and shy at the same time.

"Okayyyyy, get that dick!" I joked and she playfully pushed her. "That's you, my love."

"I might invite him. You know my mom gone be there, she might embarrass me." I rolled my eyes. "Really? I thought she likes him." "She does! Which is bad because she's gonna say something embarrassing, I bet."

"Girlllll, I just know you gone look good asl. Finna have Kentrell hard in a heartbeat." She raised her eyebrows. I shook my head. Lindsay could really be out of pocket sometimes.

"I do have to find a nice dress." I told myself. I wanted something that was real glamorous. My phone buzzed and I saw "Kentrell" labeled on the screen. I answered.

"Hellooooo?" I dragged. "I'm outside." "Okay." I said, hanging up. "He's picking you up?" Lindsay finished putting the invitation cards in a big basket. "Yeah. My car is still getting fixed." I shrugged.

The man at the dealer told me I still had to wait two weeks. All I know was that I needed it before the wedding. I don't understand why it took that long to fix a car, but I'm precise they knew what they were doing.

"Bye, babes." I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she did the same. "Don't get pregnant!" She yelled when I opened the door. Kentrell's hellcat was parked in the driveway behind Lindsays' mothers' car.

"Ho, shush!" I yelled back. I walked to the car, looking down at my shoes. Now that Kentrell and I had gotten real real close, I was too nervous to be around him. It made absolutely no sense to me tho.

Cause I was never shy around anyone.

"Wassam, shawty." He smiled right as I opened the door. "Hey, Kentrell." I waved timidly as I sat in the car. The engine of a hellcat was loud as hell.