𝐗𝐗

DEJAH

"She's so nervous, I'm like girl calm down." Lindsay chuckled as we walked into the elevator as it opened. We were at the hospital early Friday morning. I honestly was ready for the weekend. Only two days back at work and I was ready to take another break. Lindsay and I were talking about her mother's wedding.

Day by day it was getting closer. "Awe, that's so cute. I would've been shy too even with somebody I have known for years." I cooed. I was such a lover girl. "It's so crazy,"

"He's treated me like he's my actual dad. Like I'm part of his own." Lindsay explained. Lindsay's father wasn't in the picture much. Who am I kidding—he was never in the picture. He left before Lindsay was even born, so she grew up without a dad. Eventually, Lindsay's mother met her stepdad when she was six.

They had gotten married already fifteen years back, but they wanted re-do their wedding. This time—making it bigger and more traditional. Lindsay didn't have any siblings, only one on her stepdad's side of the family.

"And I love that for you. He's a great guy for your mom." I caressed Lindsay's shoulder and gave her a tight hug. She hugged me back and kissed my forehead. "Time is going by so fast. Can't believe the wedding is two weeks away."

"Did you find a date?" She asked as the elevator door opened to the fourth floor. I glanced at her and shook my head no. "I'm not going with anybody."

"Damn, Dey. You haven't tried to talk to Kentrell at least?"
"He won't talk to me." I followed her down the hallway. Even if I wanted to try—I was too nervous for that. "Maybe it's for the best."

"You know damn well—" she turned to the left and opened the supply room door. Memories came flooding back causing down there to start throbbing. "I miss him." I blurted out. "I miss him so damn much."

A few nurses walking past looked at us. Lindsay looked around. "Then go see him, shit."

I stood there looking at her. See him? "I'm serious. Go talk to him about everything and let him know whatchu on." She grabbed a kit and some gloves.

I nodded. "You're right."

I told my mom about the situation and she agreed 100%. I wanted Kentrell back and I was going to do whatever it takes. It wasn't even about the sex, it was the way he treated me. The way I felt so damn safe and comfortable with him. I never in my life felt that way before about any nigga.

After I picked Italy up from school and dropped her off at home I went straight on my way to Kentrell's house. My name was still saved in the intercom so I went through the gate without any issues. I noticed all the cars were here except Kentrell's hellcat.

Mhm...maybe Ben or Joe took his car or something. I changed into my sandals and fixed my hair and sprayed on some Chanel perfume before getting out of my car and ringing the bell.

I closed my eyes and did a mini prayer. God please help me through this. God please help me through this. God ple—before I could finish, I heard the door open. I opened one eye and saw KD.

"Dejah!" He pulled me into a hug as if he had never seen me before. "Oh KD...you're squeezing me!" I could barely breathe as KD squeezed me so tight and hugged me side to side. I couldn't help but smile. "I missed you so much. Like forreal! Girl it's boring without you and none of these niggas can cook." He shook his head. I busted out laughing.

"I miss you too." I nodded. I walked into the house and it was pitch quiet. When I came to the living room, I found Ben and Babyjoe sitting silently. Which was weird—usually they would be on the game or arguing about something.