𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

DEJAH

"Girl hurry up!" Italy barked from downstairs. I rolled my eyes in dismay. "Don't rush me!" I yelled back as I blew on my lashes. I was waiting for them to dry so I could put them on. Today was a special day. Mrs.Mason's wedding.

I didn't have time to schedule an appointment for makeup so I decided to do my own. I mean—it wasn't bad. I would give it an 8 out of 10, but the lashes definitely made it look better.
My dress was hanging in the closet door waiting to be put on and my heels and purse was on my bed. I was no where near done. Italy on the other hand already got dressed since this morning. Ain't my fault she waiting on me now.

My mom was also coming with us. She was on her way here. I honestly was so happy for Mrs.Mason. She went through so much and I knew that because I literally have seen Lindsay grow up. I knew what that lady went through. To find a supportive man that makes her genuinely happy is a blessing.

I got up and started to put on my dress. "Italy." I called. No response. "Italy!" I repeated. "What?" She marched into my room with her phone in hand. "Can you zip this up for me please and find out when Mom is pulling up?" She nodded and zipped up my dress before calling Mom.

I placed on my heels and grabbed all my essentials to stuff them in my purse.

"God I'm so happy for Ashley." My mom breathed heavy as she leaned back on the seat. I nodded. "Right." We got into the driveway of the banquet hall. Cars were already parked everywhere and I was just trying to find one place to park. There weren't any limousines around so I'm guessing we were early.

I felt a little weird at the fact that I didn't bring a date. I saw ladies walking with their boyfriends, brothers, or other escorts into the banquet. Made me feel so left out. After telling Kentrell how I felt we barely even talked anymore. Just a few hi's and bye's. I was embarrassed as fuck, what did he expect?

Luckily I was there with my family and that's all that mattered.

"Ashley Mason, do you take Harold Johnson to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The preacher looked at Mrs.Mason—now about to be Mrs.Johnson. "I do." She smiled brightly and I felt my eyes starting to get teary.

He then turned to the groom. "Harold Johnson, do you take Ashley Mason to be your lawfully wedded wife?" "I do, I do." He nodded quickly. The audience cheered in unison.

"Well, I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Harold lunged for his newly wife's lips and the audience went even more crazy. I was so happy and the look on Lindsay's face made me even happier. "Finally, now I'm hungry." Italy rolled her eyes playfully. That girl was always hungry.

The audience waited for the bride and groom, groomsmen, and the bridesmaids to walk out and everyone started to go into the reception party. I wanted to take some pictures so I asked Italy to take them for me.