𝐗𝐗𝐈

DEJAH

"Congratulations babe. I'm so proud of you." Lindsay hugged me tightly. I could barely even breathe. I hugged her back because I was proud of myself as well.

Since I passed my Registered Nurse test, my position at the hospital had upgraded. I got a recommendation. Ever since I came this morning, everybody was congratulating me. I was so surprised at first because I didn't have ANY idea. Besides—it wasn't like my mind was in the mood anyways.

My mom congratulated me and threw me a mini party. I felt so loved and appreciated. Now I was with Lindsay. "Thank you." I was still in shock. "How have you been lately? I know it's been hard ever since—"

"I'm okay." I said before she could say anything. "Really, Linds." I reassured her. I wasn't going for that shit at all. Ever since that childish ass shit Kentrell pulled—I didn't want to see or speak to him ever again. Nor did I want to speak of him. I mean if he moved on, why can't I?

He had been contacting me ever since I left his house. I didn't reply not once. I was hurt honestly. I mean, what the fuck did I expect? Of course he was going to fuck around with somebody else and move on.

I was so damn naive.

But fuck that. Today was the day to celebrate and think ALL positive. Everything was going all right for me and I loved that especially. I grabbed my box and carried it to the other side of the station where I was going to be sitting for now. I placed it on the desk causing it to tilt over a little and drop a few items.

I bent over to pick them up when I saw a velvet rectangular box case. I opened it and the chain Kentrell gave me was still in there. I only wore it a few times. After what happened the other day, I placed it in my box and never bothered wearing it again.

I didn't want to throw it away. Nah, this shit was too expensive for that. I dropped it back in the box and sighed. "You okay?" I heard causing me to jump. I looked back and saw my mom. "Why does everybody keep asking me that?" I ignored her question. "Because you don't look okay." She shook her head.

"I'm fine, mom." I lied. "Do you wanna get dinner today? I don't have any patients in the afternoon and I figure you, Italy, and I could go out to eat. It's been a while and plus I want to celebrate your new promotion." She rubbed my back.

Why not? "Of course." I nodded. She held a wide grin. "Oh by the way—" She handed me a folder. I squinted at the name. Kentrell D. Gaulden. I gave her a look and was about to say something before she interrupted me.

"Don't say anything. JUST contact him please and let him know." She nodded. I sighed and shook my head. I didn't even wanna look at his results. I made another one of the nurses call him so that he could come to the hospital.

"You wanna go out?" Lindsay said as she munched on her Chick-Fil-A fries. "Go out where?" I turned my head. We were on our break and right now we were having lunch. I looked at the view of the city from the large clear glass window.

"I don't know, to a party or something? I figured we need to go out and enjoy ourselves and get drun—" "Lindsay, you know the last time I got drunk..." I didn't finish my sentence because she KNEW. She KNEW how I was when I was off that. "We had fun though didn't we?" She playfully pushed my shoulder.

I shrugged. Maybe I needed to go out and enjoy my life. I was cooped up all inside not doing anything when I could be out hanging with friends and doing whatever I wanted. Girls night out maybe.

"When?" I asked. "Friday night."

"Okay." I huffed. "But NO boys. Like deadass." I pointed and Lindsay nodded. "Girl of course."