𝐈𝐈

DEJAH

"Ma why I gotta go to the front desk? I wanna work upstairs." I complained as I watched Natalia, one of the nurses, checking the temperature for a patient in the room across the hall. I turned back to her, crossing my arms. "And you can. After I get done with Robert, I gotta make sure his blood pressure straight." She adjusted the bed and Robert sat up coughing a little bit.

"How you doing today, Mr.Robert?" She cooed. "I'm doing fine." He turned his gaze to me. I smiled and did a slight wave. "But Lindsay up there and she say they got young patients, I don't wanna be all the way on the first floor talking to peop—" "If you don't get down there, you gone make me change my mind." She warned and Mr.Robert jumped.

"Sorry, Mr.Robert. Kids these days." She shook her head playfully changing her tone. "Tell me about it." He sighed. I had no choice but to leave and go down to the first floor. I took the stairs this time because the elevator was too occupied. I opened the small tiny gate, separating the hall and the front desk area and slouched down in one of the chairs.

I looked around. There was straight up old people in this bitch. To my right was Mrs.Jackson. She was another front desk person as well. "Excuse me?"

"Excuse me?" I looked up. "Yo." I head-nodded. The lady raised her eyebrow at me. She had a baby in her arms, and she had a big baby bump. I smiled. I don't know why, but I loved seeing women with big baby bumps. "I mean, hello ma'am." I sat up. No way, I was gone get in trouble by my mom in this hospital. She practically ran the place, I didn't want no elders laughing at me everytime I stepped in reminding me of humiliation.

"Hello, I'm coming here to visit someone." She nodded and the baby pointed at me. "Mama, look."

I chuckled and waved. "Name of the patient?" I asked clicking on the hospital roster. "Evelyn Stevens." I narrowed my eyes but typed the name into the search bar. Some of these patients be having some weird ass names.

"Okay, I see her. Can I have your name & your ID please?" I lended out my hand and she nodded pulling her ID out of her wallet. "Kashawna Davis." She responded right as I read her name on the card. I nodded looking at the picture. Okay, they looked the same.

"Stand here." I pointed to where the camera was. She put the girl down and she whined. "Mommy!" She cried. "Baby, wait." She chuckled standing where I told her to. I pressed the button and typed all the information. "Okay, here." The sticky visitor's pass printed out and I gave it to her.

"The room number is—"

"BABYJOE, STOP TOUCHING MY ASS!" Somebody yelled and it made me jump. The hospital lobby was pretty big and the voice echoed throughout the whole area. I looked back but couldn't see who it was. Whoever it was, that sounded totally gay.

"Damn foolish kids." Kashawna glanced and focused back on me. "212 North." She took the pass from me and sticked on her on her upper chest. "Thank you." She walked deeper into the lobby where the elevator/stairs was.

My phone buzzed and I looked at who it was.

Italy💚
On your way here, can you bring me some Chick-Fil-A please? Thank you❤️.

"Who do this girl think she is?" She had the damn audacity. I was not going to no Chick-Fil-A.

"NEXT!" Mrs.Jackson pressed the bell for her side of the desk and somebody else walked up to her. I glanced to my left and saw a boy going into the lobby.

"Excuse me?" He stopped and turned to me. I jumped at the sight of his big ears. "Do you have a visitor's pass?" I asked. He shook his head. "See, I told yo ass to stay in line." Another boy, who was next in the line shouted at him. He had green dreads, and tattoos on his neck. "Shut the hell up." He yelled and stood by the boy with the green dreads.