𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

KENTRELL

"I can't breathe, I can't breathe." Dejah tied her hair up as she let down the window. "Mane put that shit back up. I don't need no niggas outchea looking for me." I rolled the window back up.

I was following behind my car that Three was driving. They had Lindsay and were taking her to the hospital. Shawty could barely even talk but thank God she was conscious. I was driving Lindsay's car because I knew I had to be with the one with Dejah. Them other niggas couldn't be in a car and drive with her hothead ass at the same time.

"This isn't even about you! If y'all ain't come over here and cause a fucking riot at the club none of this would be happening!" She gave me a deadly look. I couldn't even look her in the eyes. Blood was on her face and tears. "Look at me. I have my ex's blood on me!"

"Ex?" I raised my eyebrow. She sucked her teeth. I looked around trying to see if she could change before we go to the hospital. "Damn, ain't no extra shirt in hea. I'm gone get you one when we get out. I got a few in my car."

She didn't respond. Instead I heard sniffles and sobs. "Look, ma. I'm sorry alright. Lindsay gone be okay. On me, she will." I touched her thigh and she moved my hand. "I told yo ass not to go out tonight. City going crazy."

"What the fuck that gotta do with me tho?" "I was tryna keep you safe!" I shook my head. "I don't need to be kept safe." She yelled then lowered her voice. "Really? Cause it seemed to me that you needed to. You saw what happened back there." I chuckled.

"Can we just not talk right now?" Her voice cracked. I sighed and kept driving

"Is she going to be okay?" Dejah ran to the Doctor as she came to the waiting room. "Are you the relative of Lindsay Ma—" "No, I'm her best friend. Her mother is on the way." The Doctor hesitated but then started speaking.

"She was injured very badly in the right shoulder. We're going to start doing surgery tonight to remove any bad pre-infections or cells and germs inside. But for the most part she is completely fine. She's conscious, but she's sleep right now."

We all sighed. "See," I rubbed her shoulder. "I told you it was gone be okay." "Thank God mane." Babyjoe said in the background. "Dejah! Dejah!" A lady ran up to Dejah and almost knocked her and me down. "Ms.Martin!" Dejah hugged her back and they stood there for a while.

The Doctor had already left. "Where's Lindsay? Is she okay? Can I go see her?" I noticed her eyes were red. As if she had been crying. The whole thought made my head hurt. Who the fuck shot that girl?

"She's okay, she has to get surgery for her shoulder though." Dejah nodded. I couldn't help but look at her ass. Mhm, I just wanted to eat it.

"Are visiting hours over?" "I think so, but you're the mother. They'll let you in. I'll come visit Lindsay tomorrow while I'm at work." She pointed to the front desk. Lindsay's mother went to the front and went down the hall. I guess they let her in.

"I need to go home. I can't stay here." Dejah grabbed her purse and walked towards the elevator. "Y'all get to the crib alright?" I told Ben and Joe and they nodded. I went right into the elevator as it was about to close. When Dejah saw me she rolled her eyes.

"You gone act like this all night or be a good girl?" I stood in front of her. "Boy get the fuck out my face." She pushed me out the way. "Stop playing wimme. You bout to piss me off." I raised my voice a little. "Where are the keys?" She put her hand in my pocket and I placed them inside my boxers. "I'm not playing with you." She removed her hand and I sighed. The elevator door opened and she quickly walked out.

"Dejah, why you being like this?" I sighed. I honestly didn't know what more to do. Yes, I got a little blown away but I wasn't fucking no hoe. Like all jokes aside. She kept walking forward in her slides and I was right at her tail.

Not letting nobody shoot my girl what the fuck.

"Can you open the door?" She groaned. "Why you keep acting like this? I'm tryna be nice, I ain't even do nothing." I unlocked the door.

DEJAH

I looked at Kentrell. All I wanted to do was beat his ass. Slap him. Kick him. Anything that would make him end up in the hospital right now. But let me not do anything and let God handle him. Cause if I do, I'm going to jail.

"Take me home. Please." I turned on the AC and sat back. I didn't even wanna talk at this point. My ex almost shot me, my best friend GOT shot...what was next? "Alright fuck that shit then. You ain't tryna talk, I won't force nun." He sat up and upped the gas. I knew he was mad now cause he usually went slow when we were riding.

Girl just stop being petty and talk to him. At least he's trying.

"I'm sorry. It's just I'm stressed out. Like seriously I can't even think straight right now." I shook my head. "Relax ma." He held my hand and I let him. For a while—tuh.

"Why were you at the club today? I thought I told you to stop being involved—" "This was different. Somebody threatened me and my gang." He explained. I rolled my eyes. As if other people don't do the same shit. "I don't even bother asking myself why you entertain that shit anymore."

"I wasn't entertaining it until I found out what you said behind my back." He murmured. "Oh my gosh!" I turned to him. "It was. I said I'm sorry and I don't know why you're still mad at me! I realized I loved you and all the things I ever said was a joke."

He didn't answer. "I didn't cheat on you. It was a girl that I invited over—" "Why you inviting hoes over in the first place?" I narrowed my eyes. Exactly my point. "You know what Kentrell? All of this was a big big mistake."

I got out of the car and didn't look back. Fuck everything at this point.

to be continued ... 💘.