𝐕𝐈𝐈

DEJAH

"My baby," I whined as I looked at the damage done to my car. The police, and my car insurance was here as well. Unfortunately, Brittany got into a crash. She was okay, she just had a few bruises on the skin.

But my car wasn't. The left side of the car's front was completely off. All the itty pieces were on the floor, and the glass from the front was damaged. Which made no sense to me because my glass was bulletproof. Not that anybody shot it up or anything. "You sure you don't know who did this?" Lyndsay asked Brittany and she shook her head intensely. She seemed frightened, and she was shivering all over. I sighed.

"It's okay, Brit. All that matters is that you're okay." I rubbed her shoulder. She looked at me and then instantly looked away. "We checked the scene," One of the policemen came to where Lyndsay, Brit, and I were standing. After hearing the incident, I told Tanya immediately and she let me go.

I had called Lyndsay to meet up and she did with me. Then we all made it here, to where everything happened. "The car has a lot of damages, including in the back." He pointed to one of the car lights. "One of the car lights don't operate." He shook his head.

"And there's a few dents around the car." He went on and I covered my face getting a little heated. Who could have done this to my car? I wanted to say half of it was my fault, because I should've never gave Brit my car in the first place. But she did the same stuff for me. Regardless of anything.

So I just blamed it on the driver of the other car. Brittany wasn't a bad driver, if anything she was too slow for me. So I knew it couldn't be her. "Anyways, I talked to your insurance for the car." He head-nodded to another group of people.

"Yea?"

"They offered for pay for the damage." I sighed in relief. "Well, half of the damage. To get this car back to a good condition will cost over 15,000$."

"15K?" My eyes widened. He nodded. "Precisely 20.1K."!

I was about to fall but Lyndsay held me. "But, the insurance will pay half. So that'll leave you with about 10K to pay for damages." The officer showed me the exact amount.

"Where am I gonna find 10K to pay for the damage of the car? That'll take me months just to build up all together." I groaned as soon as the officer walked away. "Dejah, I'm so sorry—" "No Brit. It's not your fault." She kept apologizing and I didn't want her to feel guilty. "You just need some rest and sleep about this shit, especially since people can experience PTSD from stuff like this." I rubbed her shoulder once more.

> > > > >

"You don't need anything else?" I covered Brittany with a blanket. She said her head hurt, and I gave her a few meds to wear it off. I put a damp towel on her forehead as well.

"No. I'm fine." She refused. "Okay." I walked away but she pulled my arm. "Dejah, I'm really sorry. If you need me to help—" "It's okay, Brit. Stop stressing yourself out and get some rest." I squeezed her hand tightly and she nodded slowly.

I walked out the room seeing Lyndsay on the couch. When she saw me she made a face. I sat next to her and laid on her shoulder, feeling tears come out of my eyes. "Lyndsay, what am I gonna do? I don't get no type of fast money, it's gone take me forever to get 10K." I groaned.

"It's okay." She rubbed my hair and I shook my head. "No it's not. I don't have no car, and who would do this to me?" I grabbed a tissue from the box and blew out my nose. "Maybe you could ask Tany—" "My mom ain't rich either." I shrugged. I knew she was a doctor, but she was gonna hit me with that lecture shit saying I shouldn't have lended Brittany my car in the first place.