Chapter 43: Ruthless

Matilda's POV

I dust the sand off my body as I glare at Tehilla. A calm impassive expression on her face as usual. Jace suddenly sends a lightning bolt which she dodges skillfully. I begin creating water daggers when I hear an ear piercing loud scream. And I don't know how but I knew that voice. And that's when it hit me, Asher!!!!!

I run as fast as I can following the sound to a fearful sight. Asher lay on the ground, her black hair scurried all around her and her eyes were closed. Drake knelt down beside her holding her hand, the red piece lying there. I run towards her and I check her pulse. It was steady but it was obvious she was not okay.

Jayden and Jace soon stood beside us, a look of worry on their faces. I looked at my friend as she lay there helpless. I turn towards Drake who hasn't lifted his head, or said a word.

"What happened?" I ask

"I am going to kill him" A voice says

I call it a voice because I am sure I have never heard that voice before. But I look up to see it's Drake but he was obviously not himself. He was very very angry and bitter, it was clear all over his face. His body was emanating power and his hair slowly started changing. His voice different.

"I will avenge you Princess" He says kissing Asher's hand

What!!!! My jaw drops. Asher had never mentioned this kind of connection with Drake. Like never. But my thoughts freeze as the ground begins to shake and Drake's hair turns completely green and so does his eyes. Oh no!!! Not again. Drake had reached his Ultra Level and he was hunting down one person, Max. He stood up and a piece of the Earth shoots out throwing him to the sky.

But it was weird how he could still control himself until he said those words to Asher. I remember what Ray said about Drake, he could make earthquakes that could rip a kingdom into two. This wasn't going to end well for Max, wherever he is or wherever he was hiding. Drake is going to find him and when he does, it's gonna be ugly.

"What the hell is going on?" Jayden yells

"Drake's Ultra Level Of Power" I say slowly

"What!!! But it has to be triggered by a very very strong emotion" Jayden says

"Apparently seeing Asher like that was enough emotional turmoil for him" Jace says

"But..." Jayden starts

"You should ask your friends what's going on between them, because normally this may cause anger but not up to that" Jace says

"Let's forget about that for now. We have an enraged Drake on the loose and an unconscious Asher" I say

"I can teleport Asher and the piece to the castle and meet up with you guys" Jace suggests

"Good idea...." I say before I get interrupted

"No. I don't trust you, I will take Asher and the piece back" Jayden says

"Jay!!" I say

"Not the time to argue Mat" He says

I roll my eyes at him, I have told him that nickname was lame but he still uses it. He disappears and we decide to wait for him. After a few minutes of silence filled with thoughts, Jayden appears.

"Ok she is safe and the piece is with them but trust me we have a lot of questions to answer when we get back" He says.

"Ok lets go" I say

There was a constant long crack in the the ground that we followed. You could see underneath the Earth, Ultra Levels can be very helpful but dangerous as well. We finally stopped to a drastic scene. Max was used as a punching bag, flinged and punched to different directions.