Chapter 7: A lie

I look at the necklace and don't know what to do. Should I throw it away or keep it. I had no idea.

This looked like a crazy dream, I am sure when I slap myself I will probably wake up. I give myself a hot slap and I immediately regret it.

Ouch!!! Am still here definitely not a dream.

After thinking for a while, I decide to throw it away tomorrow. Just then, I think of the excuse am gonna give everyone tomorrow.

Cause am really sure no one is gonna believe me if I say I was taken to The Heavens Dome and I have something to do with kingdoms.

My mum is definitely gonna expect a reason tomorrow. I begin to rack my head and finally found a reason.

Someone tried to steal my stuff and I made a run for it and decided to hide out for a while.

That would explain my heavy breathing, scared face and exhaustion.

I smile happily with my lie that I knew was stupid but good enough to bail me out.

I wake up to my alarm clock and I actually turn it off today without it falling over.

I hop out of bed and pick up my phone which I left to charge for the night. Immediately I put it on, it gets hot with so many notifications.

10 missed calls and 4 messages  from Mum
5 missed calls from Dad
2 missed calls and a text from Chloe

I was shocked, everyone was really worried. But it wasn't my fault, I was kinda kidnapped.

Mum: Asher where are you
           Are you with your friends
           Are you okay
           Sweetie please answer me

Chloe: Asher are you fine?? Your mum called and she sounded worried

I decide to reply Chloe cause my mum knew I was back already.

Me: Am fine and are you at the bus stop yet.

I drop my phone and head to the bathroom, sinking into the hot water. I hurry out and blow dry my hair cause I decided to wash it today.

After blow drying, I put on my girly hoodie with a denim skirt and hurry to my mirror, putting on little powder with little pink lipstick

I pick up my phone and see a message from Chloe. I stare at the pink clock in my room and I think I still had 20 minutes.

Chloe: No I guess am gonna be a little late today.

Me: OK I am on my way

I recite my awful lie in my head a million times before heading downstairs to face my mom and dad

I rush downstairs and I see my dad and mom in the kitchen. Trying to fix up pancakes and are playing while at it.

"Good morning guys"

"Good morning darling"

"Sweetie you are awake"

My mum tells my dad to continue with the pancakes while she pushes me to her interrogating room.

"So spill it what happened yesterday"

"Emm someone tried to take my stuff and I made a run for it and decided to hide somewhere"

"Ooo Sweetie am sorry. I hope you didn't get hurt"

"No mum, am fine"

"Don't worry we will tell the police about this"

"Nooo mum don't bother am fine and am sure it won't happen again"

"I still think we should say something in case it happens again"

"No mum am sure it wouldn't"

"OK extra pancakes as a sorry gift"

I smile widely at my mum. We both enter the kitchen and see that my dad was done with the pancakes

We all get a plate of pancake, mine was the largest as promised. I poured my favorite strawberry syrup and started digging in.

"Dad this is delicious"

"Thank you sweetie, my cooking skills haven't gone down"

He says proudly and my mum starts telling him about my lie. And how people tried to steal from me.

My dad looked really angry and my mum also looked upset, looking at me with sympathy and murmuring sorries.

I felt terrible and guilty, it was a lie and they were taking it really seriously. I really wanted to go now before I blurt out that am lying.

I wave goodbye before heading to the bus stop and I don't see Chloe. After waiting for some time, she finally decides to appear.

"Hey I am suppose to be the late one"

"Sorry, I had slept late helping my mum yesterday"

Chloe's mum was a baker and had one of the popular bakeries in our Town. So am sure Chloe had a lot to do yesterday.

"So when are you gonna tell me what happened"

"Huh what are you talking about"

"Your mum calling and everything yesterday duh"

"Ooo that"

I look everywhere apart from her, I could lie to my parent and get away with it but I couldn't get away with lieing to Chloe.

Thankfully, the bus pulls up in front of us and I changed the topic dragging her in.

I sit at my favorite spot, the back of the bus close to the window. Everyone has their spot and that's mine.

"Asher do you want me to make you say it or you are gonna spill it yourself"

I look at her and don't know whether to lie or say the
truth

So who has been in that complicated situation where you know that saying the truth wasn't gonna help and only a lie can save your ass.

Hope you can tag along till the end, Drop a vote and comment. Love ya and Stay safe